UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

UK listings have appeared on Amazon for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train scheduled for 28th February 2022.

The limited edition Blu-ray listing mentions Soundtrack CD, 64-page Booklet and rigid box for its physical contents.

Limited Edition Blu-ray
Standard Blu-ray
Standard DVD

(Disclaimer: Links are affiliated, but listings are not 100% available to order at the time of this post)

UK listings have appeared on Amazon for Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train scheduled for 28th February 2022.

The limited edition Blu-ray listing mentions Soundtrack CD, 64-page Booklet and rigid box for its physical contents.

Limited Edition Blu-ray
Standard Blu-ray
Standard DVD

(Disclaimer: Links are affiliated, but listings are not 100% available to order at the time of this post)
Well then, I'm glad I waited for that one.

Limited Edition Blu-ray
Standard Blu-ray
Standard DVD

Page Not Found for all links. Probably went live by mistake.

The Limited Edition appears to be using the AoA disc with audio commentary and extras. I'll probably get the Limited Edition.
It'll be interesting to see what they price it at if they are....
US srp is $80 (I think) which is about £60 and Manga/Funi priced their GitS & Akira 4K LE's at £40 - £45.
Anything more I'd say would be a bit too much for the mass market punters IMO and it'll just sit on shelves (just like the series has).

They underprint all of their UK CEs to the point it’s impossible to buy most of them on release day.
Are you sure they're not just selling really well for that to happen? They might also just be series that aren't popular enough to warrant a larger print run. Hard to tell without something more official and just sounds more like speculation to me sorry.

The under printing as far as I'm aware is usually due to a CE/LE getting delayed and then they cut the amount that is to be printed (I assume cause they run out of time or the people who print them need to change to a differnt CE/LE)

The under printing as far as I'm aware is usually due to a CE/LE getting delayed and then they cut the amount that is to be printed (I assume cause they run out of time or the people who print them need to change to a differnt CE/LE)
That sounds like fairly reasonable speculation. If that's the case I'm hoping the Funimation team can recover well in future. Can't be easy having to deal with all these delays.

True not the longest of delays so they must be thinking there close for Plunderer, but can only wait and see if that is the case and hopefully part of the delay is to actually do a full print run so everyone gets copies.

Got an email from MVM saying that Funimation have sent out all their stock of Goblin slayer movie and they haven't received any and will have to wait for a second print run.

It's still in stock on Amazon, so its not like they were just matching pre-orders. Disappointing that Funimation is ignoring retailers like MVM though and that if I want the slipcover version I will have to cancel with MVM and re-order it on amazon which will cost me an extra couple of pound.

Got an email from MVM saying that Funimation have sent out all their stock of Goblin slayer movie and they haven't received any and will have to wait for a second print run.

It's still in stock on Amazon, so its not like they were just matching pre-orders. Disappointing that Funimation is ignoring retailers like MVM though and that if I want the slipcover version I will have to cancel with MVM and re-order it on amazon which will cost me an extra couple of pound.

I got mine from UP1, it was only £10.99 plus P&P, and it looks like it's still in stock.

This means we can no longer trust Funimation preorders, including CEs, from MVM. I ******* hate Funimation UK.

Back