Shiki simulwatch [RS] (15th September)

Heheh driving the tractor off into the sunset, no doubt she would make that great escape look fabulously glamorous!

Very much looking forward to the Garden of Sinners one, I'm hoping that will be a very good one for unpicking with multiple viewpoints. Definitely up for Ping Pong as well, it's one of many on my watchlist I have yet had a chance to get to. Though I hope we can have a break in between GoS and that heh.

Heheh driving the tractor off into the sunset, no doubt she would make that great escape look fabulously glamorous!

Very much looking forward to the Garden of Sinners one, I'm hoping that will be a very good one for unpicking with multiple viewpoints. Definitely up for Ping Pong as well, it's one of many on my watchlist I have yet had a chance to get to. Though I hope we can have a break in between GoS and that heh.

There is a break but I guess it depends if you're doing the Busan trilogy just before Halloween.

There is a small gap between GoS and Busan films, then another for Ping Pong. So if you don't care for the Busan ones, then you will get a nice gap, less so if you do them all :)

Ping Pong is fairly short so I added it in from 3rd November I think, it's only 11 episodes, with an optional live action film afterwards.

Ah yes, I forgot about the Busan ones, alrighty then, that will do nicely. Need to remind myself of the upcoming watches, looking good and I'm also looking forward to the Blood movie. Another take on some more lovable bloodsuckers to follow on from Shiki!

In relation to how Shiki makes the use of theology and scientific techniques as well as philosophy & ethics in a horror series, I felt Mike Flanagan's latest offering on Netflix (Midnight Mass) covered similar themes with one particular one again being mob fanatic culture and the use of indoctrination but with a focus on religion. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Some concepts and their application to religion is done very nicely, even if sometimes the lectures can get mind-numbing when carrying on for just that bit longer than required (a trend he seems to have adopted since Bly Manor...).

Back