UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Since Evangelion's Ultimate Edition plans are coming next week, I want to make some predictions to see what the set will come with because I'm in an Eva mood right now especially with the new film coming tomorrow on Prime.

So we'll see how well this ages in a week's time.

1) First things first, the Eva in the room that many are wondering is the English dubs. Considering the Amazon dub has the ADV cast back for the roles, I reckon the ADV (& Manga Ent. for the films) dub will be included in the Blu-ray release. As for the Netflix dub, that's a maybe.

2) Because of licensing, I am fully expecting Fly Me to the Moon won't be included. But if it does, then Anime Ltd are probably wanting a lot of people to buy the set to make up for the costs lol.

3) Anime Limited are generally pretty good at rescuing many of the old on-disc bonus features (as seen with Escaflowne, Planetes etc) so I think most of them will return. My personal favourite is the TV Spot for End of Eva which is batshit insane and has to be included.

4) For Blu-ray disc count, I reckon 5 for the main TV series, and 1 for each film (totalling 7). Packaging is an interesting one but I reckon they might go for a Gundam style route where it's using Amaray cases and rigid boxes plus an outer box to house them all.

5) In terms of physical contents, I have noticed both Korea and Italy have used the same number of pages for their big artbook so I reckon Anime Limited will do the same. AL also likes their art cards and posters so add those to the mix. Another book would be nice.

6) Next I am going to predict the price. Fortunately the series & films got a UK release before so there's no need to re-rate it. I am going to guess it'll cost £199.99 SRP and for an Early Bird offer on the same range as Gundam SEED at £120-130.

7) Release date I'm going to predict it'll be out on the anniversary of the show's first airing in Japan - Monday 4th October.

Now let's see if I'm accurate in a week's time ohoho.

Curious as to how long this will be in stock 🤔

Dude, don't even joke about putting EVA and amaray in the same sentence, good fcking lord.

Between the Italian and the Korean visuals we already have, I'm also curious if Khara are enforcing any kind of mandatory visual consistency across releases.

Also, having the US, UK and Australia/NZ under the same page makes me wonder if everyone gets the same thing.

A very general wishlist for me is digipaks everywhere, hard cardboard, a hefty book or actually two books, rarish artwork, documentaries, a couple of trinkets... I basically want what Dynit are doing in Italy. They even have a big box with a magnetic lock, classy as hell.

I also hope AL actually make UEs according to the number of orders and not a set, ultra-limited number, otherwise this will be a shitshow. I'm guessing everyone involved likes money, so odds are they will.

Curious as to how long this will be in stock 🤔
No stock limit for pre-orders it seems (though scalpers will get bonked).
Dude, don't even joke about putting EVA and amaray in the same sentence, good fcking lord.
Between the Italian and the Korean visuals we already have, I'm also curious if Khara are enforcing any kind of mandatory visual consistency across releases.

Also, having the US, UK and Australia/NZ under the same page makes me wonder if everyone gets the same thing.
That's what I had thought about but apparently the German version is different from what I have read somewhere. I do like the visual look of the Eva box from the Italian release and wouldn't mind an identical set tbh.

No wonder it’s Thursday it’s GKIDS countdown too. It better not be above £150 if they are giving us zero notice of price and contents
I'm putting my money on a £300srp and a £200 early bird minimum.
Andrew probably had to offer up his first born and the eternal souls of the AL team to get that licence and its gonna be felt in the price...

I think it'll be somewhere between £100 and £150. Can't see why it would be much higher than the Italian set that's being priced at 130 euro. I think the contents is going to be pretty identical in all international markets - the same HD masters as the Japanese set, only Death(True)2 and End, nothing from the Archives, only ADV dub and no Fly Me to the Moon. Hopefully they're allowed to include a book(let) with essays and articles.

I think if it's above £150 we should all feel pretty ripped off tbh. Like I can't imagine it's going to have much more content than the Italian set, so unless they're doing some gimmick packaging like FMA or Bebop (please no ;_; ) I see no reason why it should be all that more expensive than said Italian set (kinda hope it's similar to that set tbh...).

There is a potential problem with not having the ADV dub, it would mean it would need to be re BBFC ed, as it would be a new and untested dub, just because it has had a release previously doesn't follow that a new dub would get through with no fee.

No stock limit for pre-orders it seems (though scalpers will get bonked).

That's what I had thought about but apparently the German version is different from what I have read somewhere. I do like the visual look of the Eva box from the Italian release and wouldn't mind an identical set tbh.

So the no-limit thing is confirmed? That's great!

Lol at Eva memes, gotta love them.

I looked up the German edition (200 eur for all you 150 believers) and there's not even a visual. The translation Google gives me is kind of confusing. But there's a book, there's a documentary or two, which seem like common points.
Hoping for amarays just to see people get big mad :p
The chaotic part of me would secretly appreciate this...

.... the disgusting weebo part would furiously type trying my hardest to find pseudo-logical arguments to justify my entirely emotional response to not having what I want ie: whine a lot

I feel like the Netflix release has taken the wind out of any super-ultra-mega-expensive ULTIMATE EDITION. I mean I love Eva and will probably pre-order the UE, but these aren't the days when Eva had been out of print forever and the only way to watch it legally was to buy some colossally overpriced eBay auction.

I mean you can just go on Netflix and watch it right now and that's going to be good enough for all but the most hardcore weeb physical disc collectors. 5 years ago I could see myself spending £300+, but I honestly think if it's more than £150 I'll probably just pass.

Back