UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I actually unfollowed them the other day because of the quoting, think the quoting a bunch of replies to some Demon Slayer gif thing was the final straw lol no fun allowed on my twitter!

I actually unfollowed them the other day because of the quoting, think the quoting a bunch of replies to some Demon Slayer gif thing was the final straw lol no fun allowed on my twitter!
I think you made the right move TBH - they've already done seven more of them this morning (plus two cookie tweets and a screenshot one) 😅

I'm tending to agree with you guys & gals about the Funi twitter feed being a bit strong for the Demon Slayer movie

(Although I seem to recall, Anime Limited were doing something similar when they had a movie airing of Weathering with you, with retweeting all the positive feedback)

Anime forums are my only social media, I avoid everything else like the plague.

So if your not into anime, I'm not social with you... 😜
It helps anime forums also tend to have the news faster or more easily obtained if you have the right thread being followed. Great way to find out news you want and not get spammed with the excess promotion stuff that you might have seen a hundred times already.

So here's a fun little game of 'spot the difference'.

E2fgQEMXoAAF6oR

E2fgQEeXMAMaGmL

E2fi7SQXoAA0Q3u

The answer was that my replacement copy for How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? (as my previous copy had a dead disc, similar issue to some folks who had that problem with Shield Hero Part 2) surprisingly amended the spelling on the main spine (first print: "Dumbless", replacement copy: "Dumbbells") for both the slipcase and the artwork on the amaray case. In addition, the case was also a different type, using the same one that Kemono Michi had.

Looking at the age logo’s it seems like the profile for a rather flat cycling stage, with one hill in the beginning, a hilly intermezzo towards a flat final, so this could go either way, a bunch sprint or some escape group making it to the end :D

Looking at the K-On! Complete Collection (K-ON! Complete Collection Blu-ray (incl. Season 1, Season 2 and K-On! The Movie))

I'm really tempted to pre-order as I love the series & movie but I can't find if its known whether the OVAs will be in there (I suppose it is the 'complete collection' but it doesnt explicitly say)? Am I missing something ty!
Episode count in the description tells us that it will have all of the OVA's. It just seems they are not marking them as Ova's but as episodes instead.

Episode count in the description tells us that it will have all of the OVA's. It just seems they are not marking them as Ova's but as episodes instead.
Looking at the K-On! Complete Collection (K-ON! Complete Collection Blu-ray (incl. Season 1, Season 2 and K-On! The Movie))

I'm really tempted to pre-order as I love the series & movie but I can't find if its known whether the OVAs will be in there (I suppose it is the 'complete collection' but it doesnt explicitly say)? Am I missing something ty!

The following is expected:
  • K-On! Episodes 1-13 + K-On!: Live House! OVA [across 4 Blu-ray discs]
  • K-On!! Episodes 1-26 + K-On!!: Keikaku! OVA [across 4 Blu-ray discs]
  • K-On! The Movie [on 1 Blu-ray disc]

The following is expected:
  • K-On! Episodes 1-13 + K-On!: Live House! OVA [across 4 Blu-ray discs]
  • K-On!! Episodes 1-26 + K-On!!: Keikaku! OVA [across 4 Blu-ray discs]
  • K-On! The Movie [on 1 Blu-ray disc]
Thank you both! Is there anything to worry about with this release (music licensing, etc) or is it a safe preorder?

Thank you both! Is there anything to worry about with this release (music licensing, etc) or is it a safe preorder?
From what people have been talking about it seem to likely be discs using the old masters sentai used for their first releases, which people seem to complain about. The new release Sentai released in 2019 which uses 3 disc each season is considered way better, so it is likely going to be inferior to the ultimate collection release by sentai. The UK Clannad and Clannad afterstory was the old Sentai masters instead of the new sentai masters so that was a worse release than what you get if you buy the US complete edition, at least with regards to sound and video quality from what I have seen around the forum, haven't compared them myself but trust in the people who have complained about it.

From what people have been talking about it seem to likely be discs using the old masters sentai used for their first releases, which people seem to complain about. The new release Sentai released in 2019 which uses 3 disc each season is considered way better, so it is likely going to be inferior to the ultimate collection release by sentai. The UK Clannad and Clannad afterstory was the old Sentai masters instead of the new sentai masters so that was a worse release than what you get if you buy the US complete edition, at least with regards to sound and video quality from what I have seen around the forum, haven't compared them myself but trust in the people who have complained about it.
Ah right, I'll wait then just in case and decide between Sentai & Funi. Thanks!

Ah right, I'll wait then just in case and decide between Sentai & Funi. Thanks!
Yeah it pretty much comes down to whether you want to own a nice collector's set, or a better authored release. I would say if you are able to find the CE going for a solid price then go for it as the US release will be available for the long-term and will often go on sale from time to time.

Yeah it pretty much comes down to whether you want to own a nice collector's set, or a better authored release. I would say if you are able to find the CE going for a solid price then go for it as the US release will be available for the long-term and will often go on sale from time to time.
This (K-on: Ultimate Collection [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray) is the Sentai 2019 release right?

Honestly I'm not too bothered with the collectors stuff so I'll wait to see if Funi is same quality and then choose whichevers the cheapest haha

Edit: yeah it must be has a copyright 2019 on it

Back