UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I should clarify that I did receive my ARIFURETA LE from United Publications which I ordered around early October (the other Funi LEs I grabbed recently were via MVM's Anime-on-Line instead during their Halloween sale).
I was buying in November. They told me they got information from buyers that something was missing, so they stopped shipping. I think someone was advertising.

How was this level of spine inconsistency even possible?

View attachment 17778
Their marketing it towards people like me who figured they were never gonna released in the UK on Blu-ray, so got imported version, in my case the AUS guild collection.
So I'm still holding out for a Guild collection 7 with all of them (and will just have to import), and if that never happens I can hope for 2 UK collection set (but again that assuming they release a UK collection for the final season).

But yeah that is a bit of a shambles of lining up and sizing, you would have though they would have just made it easy on them selves and made a template that they could slot graphics into.

EDIT: Lol, volume 27 the a big blue art box to fit it all in

another weird thing worth mentioning is them giving this batch a set of slipcases but the collections got nothing
don't get me started on them buggering up the numbering so it has a big gap inbetween
With the numbering it's because the part sets are following the original part set release numbering. The collections are 2 parts in 1 so I wouldnt be surprised if they continue that to the end so the whole show is in collection format as well.

It's like Manga dosen't even care anymore :(
Did they ever? 😬

For a company whose only line of business is making anime DVDs and Blu-ray, they're not half hopeless at putting together anime DVDs and Blu-ray.

I've yet to watch it, but after reading about the subtitle timing issue on Demon City Shinjuku that @RebelNotorious pointed out, that's the last self-authored Manga release I'll buy without first waiting to hear how it's turned out.

Did they ever? 😬

For a company whose only line of business is making anime DVDs and Blu-ray, they're not half hopeless at putting together anime DVDs and Blu-ray.

I've yet to watch it, but after reading about the subtitle timing issue on Demon City Shinjuku that @RebelNotorious pointed out, that's the last self-authored Manga release I'll buy without first waiting to hear how it's turned out.
This is why I'm so upset they got the Demon Slayer movie. It's rare to have a Manga release that doesn't have something wrong with it. I'm hoping the Aniplex release won't be geolocked like the series (unlikely)

Back