UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

And, sorry for spamming the thread (last post for a bit, pinky swear :p ), I just received the Twin Star Exorcists set today, and one of the Code Geass movies arrived yesterday, they both feature a rather nice "foil" effect on the outer box artwork (the code geass one is particularly stunning, IMO).

First time I've seen this on their releases, really quite like it, anyone know what other releases (if any) have this?
Off the top of my head, both SAO 2 CE's, SAO Alicization, Persona 3 Complete Set and Plastic Memories.

Some others with a few bits, Mirai CE had the title in foil, SAO GGO original CE's had foil detailing inside, and the orginal Silent Voice CE has a very nice foil effect on the reverse side.

I think the Terror in Resonance UE might be foil too but not 100% sure, it is very shiny though.

So I wont get anything this year and have to pay the vat of my country on top. I emailed Anime limited to refund me the british vat than.

I don't care if I get my order next year as long I get the british vat refunded.

So I wont get anything this year and have to pay the vat of my country on top. I emailed Anime limited to refund me the british vat than.

I don't care if I get my order next year as long I get the british vat refunded.

AL took the liberty of allowing outside of the uk customers and even giving you guys free shipping on orders over £100, atleast you don't need a third party shipping company or an american friend to order from someone like sentai so maybe think about chilling it a little, maybe check on your local customs site because the uk site says their new rules only affect orders after jan 1st

And what about the ppl. outside UK who ordered for 100£+ on the same date and got the order already? They don't have to pay the vat twice. What about ppl who orderd under 100£, they still have to pay the vat twice + shipping if the order doesn't arrive in 2020.
So the free shipping is not an argument.

I checked the rules already, only the shipping day into the country matters and not the day the order was made.

I am not attacking Anime limited, but i don't want to pay the vat twice. When I order from other shops outside eu, they dont charge me the vat because they know I have to pay the vat from my country. (Amazon does it automatically but amazon is a special case and I am not talking about those kind of shops.)

Like I sayed, I emailed them about a refund of the british vat, if I have to pay the vat of my country. If they want to maintain International customers, they will refund me the british vat like everyone else. If not then I know they don't care.

Just received a shipping notification for my day #1 order. :)

Will take some time to arrive due to the current situation, but at least it shipped before the transition period ends.

We can all agree weathering with you is now a 2021 release, right? Nothing has changed on zavvi, so I'll just assume that to be the case.

Not quite, Anime Online is shipping the non-Zavvi variant 4K release as some people received it over the weekend. I'd say that if Zavvi do not ship it today, then their variant will not reach UK addresses this side of Christmas (and its already doubtful that it would anyway)...

Not quite, Anime Online is shipping the non-Zavvi variant 4K release as some people received it over the weekend. I'd say that if Zavvi do not ship it today, then their variant will not reach UK addresses this side of Christmas (and its already doubtful that it would anyway)...

Interesting to know that other versions have shipped already, thanks. I kind expected it to slip into 2021 anyway when I saw the new date, so it's no big deal. We'll see if anything changes during the day!

I can answer that one - it's because fulfillment of orders with mixes of pre-order and catalog stock requires manual sorting of orders and logistics to do. While we strive to do this on a regular month our Christmas sale is an exceptionally busy period for us (as with most people it's a massive multiplier on normal business) and to do that would slow everything down exceptionally and create a much higher risk of errors than is comfortable for us.

The behind the scenes logistics in splitting orders naturally is something we're looking into but it doesn't come out of box on what we're using (which is the same system as a lot of small to medium businesses, such as Iam8Bit and Limited Run Games for example).
Thanks for the explanation. Having seen the lists of items people here have ordered, I can imagine the sheer volume there is to get through.

Thing is, a friend of mine ordered three pre-releases and Bahamut CE on day 12, Bahamut was sent within a week. I'm now going to have to wait upwards of a month for my one item. From the outside, there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to how shipping is prioritised. Even more frustrating when i made that order as a contingency in case Violet and Weathering DE (Zavvi ver.) didn't make Christmas 😂

I'll wait. None of us are entitled to cheap anime on the double. I feel for the EU people waiting on orders to ship though.

Oh cool, I'll check out Jin-roh
I know Shinkai isnt your favourite thing but The Place Promised is a great film. Theres some fairly dense sci fi stuff going on in it as well as the love triangle stuff. Also theres a scene in Your Name which was almost trialled in this film first in a sense.

Back