Manga Entertainment Schedules UK Uncut Blu-ray &; DVD release for Demon City Shinjuku & Wicked City

I’ve been reading about English dub but what abou Japanese track w/English subtitles?

I’m going back and forth with this
Is the swearing on the English subs when playing the Japanesr audio!
Anybody help!
I don't have a copy on hand to check, but the Japanese audio track (and the US English dub) have nowhere near as much swearing as the UK English dub, which wasn't included in this release - which isn't censorship, but more that they weren't actually there in the first place. It was basically a whole thing in the '90s where Manga UK added a bunch of swearing to dubs to get a coveted 18 certificate.

So if you're after the really sweary version of Wicked City, you'd be better off getting Discotek Media's American release (provided you can play American discs?).

I don't have a copy on hand to check, but the Japanese audio track (and the US English dub) have nowhere near as much swearing as the UK English dub, which wasn't included in this release - which isn't censorship, but more that they weren't actually there in the first place. It was basically a whole thing in the '90s where Manga UK added a bunch of swearing to dubs to get a coveted 18 certificate.

So if you're after the really sweary version of Wicked City, you'd be better off getting Discotek Media's American release (provided you can play American discs?).

Thanks for the info
I have a multi region DVD player anyway so no probs but I do agree Manga UK should of sorted it out with swearing
On movie censorship site the R1 dvd is dark at times though not sure it’s the remastered Diskotek release

Can confirm there is no swearing that I noticed on the English subs when watching with Japanese audio. Watched the Manga UK blu-ray last night.
And uncut!

Like someone said before the original English dub had swearing like on R1 Discotek remastered dvd
with good extras - probably buy that one

Last edited by a moderator:
Back