Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

Its not the mystery ones I mean... If that was what they were doing today, then yeah, 2 are fine... the early bird ones though seem laughable. Not sure if its somehow related to the christmas sale, or something they do regularly (Im new to the site) but I'd think they'd offer more in that section. Anyways, its almost 2 am, so I can finally go to sleep
That section has always been for 1 item with the offer lasting a week. It seems it's only for Christmas that they're extending it to more items

I got both of Anime Limited‘s boxes last year for the first time and I thought they were great value, a bunch of special edition blu rays I didn’t own. MVM’s boxes were... ok, all standard blu-rays with a couple of good shows but mostly trash. I’ve still chanced my luck with both companies‘ blu-ray mystery boxes this year. I didn’t get the DVD boxes last year but I decided to try them this year too. Any I don’t like, or have already, I‘ll just give to friends or sell to CEX or something.

In general MVM’s releases are lower quality shows than Anime Limited’s, which makes their mystery boxes a lot more of a lottery, especially as there is a huge range of stuff that could appear in them. Not anywhere near as predictable as Anime Limited’s boxes.

In general MVM’s releases are lower quality shows than Anime Limited’s, which makes their mystery boxes a lot more of a lottery, especially as there is a huge range of stuff that could appear in them. Not anywhere near as predictable as Anime Limited’s boxes.
Yeh i thought that.. Dont want to offend them those😅they have some good stuff but not as good as anime limited... Sorry mvm

Yeh i thought that.. Dont want to offend them those😅they have some good stuff but not as good as anime limited... Sorry mvm
I agree, there are plenty of great shows released by MVM, they’re just... the minority. I‘ve got all their Monogatari releases, plus Made in Abyss and Girls Last Tour and they’re all among my favourite shows. But last year‘s mystery boxes, there were only about 2 good things between them both!

Well it depends, MVM Mystery boxes tend to have like one or two well known popular shows and the others are more or under the radar or lower than average shows but they do make for a more interesting lottery and give u chance to check out titles you might have not tried or find you might enjoy surprisingly.

Anime limited ones are usually have more value and interest as they are CE although one of the drawbacks is that they always tend to have one or two sets either in parts or just one season of a show which can make it a bit of a struggle or nightmare if u are a collector but they are usually well worth it another drawback is they tend to be more predictable than MVM so it might not be as exciting if u want to be surprised.

Both have their ups and down but they are usually a lot of fun to try, it pretty much is like your giving yourself a present but you still have not idea what the prize is inside. Also if u dont wanna know after you buy it i suggest you dont stick around here after you get as you can get spoiled.

Edit: In regards to the possible titles you might want to cut out Skip Beat, Matoi the sacred star slayer and Serial experiments lain, they were already in the previous mystery box so they should not be in that list for this year.

I agree, there are plenty of great shows released by MVM, they’re just... the minority. I‘ve got all their Monogatari releases, plus Made in Abyss and Girls Last Tour and they’re all among my favourite shows. But last year‘s mystery boxes, there were only about 2 good things between them both!
Going off track, is there any news of owarimonogatari season 2 being released anytime in the future?

Also if u dont wanna know after you buy it i suggest you dont stick around here after you get as you can get spoiled.
Too late for the Anime limited box - I already read the comments. I’ll be more careful with spoiler tags for the MVM ones. I’m not really that bothered about spoilers personally, but I’ll be sure not to spoil anything for others.

I’ve not heard anything, nor any word on Koyomimonogatari either. And Zoku Owarimonogatari hasn’t been released anywhere in the west, as far as I know.

Released back in January this year. Though it's as you say regarding no news on a UK release just yet.

Last edited:
I’ve not heard anything, nor any word on Koyomimonogatari either. And Zoku Owarimonogatari hasn’t been released anywhere in the west, as far as I know.
Yeah, I had to import Malaysian versions of the latter two. Oh well, with any luck maybe mvm will release an exhaustive monogatari season 3 boxset sometime in the next decade!

Released back in January this year. Though it's as you say regarding no news on a UK release just yet.

Oh thanks, I didn’t know it had a US release. Unfortunately I’m not willing to remortgage my house in order to buy Aniplex USA releases!

Speaking of Aniplex titles, is my best bet to order the AoA release of Dreaming Girl (the Madman CE is out of print, but I didn't want a Collector's box with a huge age rating anyway), or am I better off waiting for MVM to announce a release (that's if they're able to even get the licence, of course)?

Back