Manga Entertainment Schedules UK Uncut Blu-ray &; DVD release for Demon City Shinjuku & Wicked City

Got my box, looks like the Manga UK dub isn't included, which is funny considering who released it. It's missing all the interesting extras from the US release too.

I preordered this but didn’t realise the UK dub and extras weren’t on it. This is very poor show for Manga. Was this an oversight I wonder, or just laziness? Surely there can‘t be rights issues with the dub, at least?

I preordered this but didn’t realise the UK dub and extras weren’t on it. This is very poor show for Manga. Was this an oversight I wonder, or just laziness? Surely there can‘t be rights issues with the dub, at least?
I reckon it's probably an oversight, maybe they thought the dub they had was the UK one. Discotek managed to get everything sorted for their release without issue twice (they released it on DVD years ago and a few months back on Blu-ray) so I don't think it's a rights issue.

I reckon it's probably an oversight, maybe they thought the dub they had was the UK one. Discotek managed to get everything sorted for their release without issue twice (they released it on DVD years ago and a few months back on Blu-ray) so I don't think it's a rights issue.
I think it’s a Manga don’t give a **** issue. Discotek actually care about their releases, Manga just do the bare minimum.

I think it’s a Manga don’t give a **** issue. Discotek actually care about their releases, Manga just do the bare minimum.
This. Manga have the most contempt for their customers of any company I've dealt with. They simply do not care and only want to put the cheapest product for the most money out. Now Funimation own them things are better tbf as we now get the US collectors editions.

I think funimation are crap too their sets are low effort they are one size fit all discs with crap menus. At least Sentai care my Haikyu, Run with the wind and Tsurune are better than of recent (which isn’t many as that’s another FUNi problem shows I like don’t get CEs).
I cancelled as soon as I wasn’t getting discotek discs like I’m sorry but those discs are the selling point I sound like a broken but for example Symphogear screams of effort changed subs so many extras you just can’t beat their discs.

Their DBS set was great, this box is ok too but what a missed opportunity, I'm sure they could have worked with DiscoTek...

Surely it couldn't have been cheaper to author their own discs rather than pay BBFC fees for the three language tracks and those extras? I'm struggling to think of another reason why they wouldn't just have used Discotek's discs. And why Streamline's dub over their own!?

Whatever the reason, this is really disappointing.

Surely it couldn't have been cheaper to author their own discs rather than pay BBFC fees for the three language tracks and those extras? I'm struggling to think of another reason why they wouldn't just have used Discotek's discs. And why Streamline's dub over their own!?

Whatever the reason, this is really disappointing.
Well they had to re-rate the film due to Wicked City being cut in the past, but I agree that they should have just used the Discotek discs, granted timing might be the reason why.

Just joined the site
Really thinking of buying Wicked City & Demon City blu rays
The site has stated the former as uncut and the latter in its original form
Are both completely uncut?

Forgot to say there is nothing on BBFC site to say Wicked City & Demon City and previous cuts waived
Nothing on melonfarmers & dvd compare sites
Pathetic
I am sure Manga haven’t lied about Wicked City but cannot find anything about Demon City on internet- uncensored uncut & complete

Just joined the site
Really thinking of buying Wicked City & Demon City blu rays
The site has stated the former as uncut and the latter in its original form
Are both completely uncut?
I haven't heard anything to indicate that they've been cut, but this release doesn't have the Wicked City English dub produced by Manga UK - only the American one produced by Streamline, if that bothers you.

I want to say that Demon City was never actually cut on its original release, as it's a much tamer film, but I couldn't actually swear to that.
That’s what I mean
No one really knows - completely uncut is fine by me as I don’t buy cut dvds/blu rays
Well I do have Urotsukidoji- Hell On Earth dvds and most are censored by darker scenes
I’m not bothered about the English dub- I have a lot of live action foreign films w/English subtitles anyway

That’s what I mean
No one really knows - completely uncut is fine by me as I don’t buy cut dvds/blu rays
Well I do have Urotsukidoji- Hell On Earth dvds and most are censored by darker scenes
I’m not bothered about the English dub- I have a lot of live action foreign films w/English subtitles anyway
Just read about the English dub for Wicked City on movie censorship site and yep
No swearing but the R1 dvd has the violence
Reminds me of certain US mainstream films - violence is shown but no sex scenes.,,,

Back