5 New Upcoming Anime To Watch That Are NOT Sequels

Jast

Completely Average High School Student
If your looking for some new Anime to watch this season and have 5 minutes to spare check this out. Im always looking for new ways to improve my content so any constructive criticism is welcome! Thanks

My top 5 uplifting anime list

1) Promised Neverland - Set in an orphanage where all the children play and help their guardian.
2) Made in Abyss - wholesome adventure with Riko and Reg as they explore a fantastic world to find Riko's mother and cure their friend Mitty from an illness.
3) Perfect Blue - fun idol based anime
4) Higurashi - Group of kids gather after school to play games and attend festivals
5) Berserk - An adventure anime with two best friends Guts and Griffith who set out on a quest for their king. Griffith can do nothing wrong.

My top 5 uplifting anime list

1) Promised Neverland - Set in an orphanage where all the children play and help their guardian.
2) Made in Abyss - wholesome adventure with Riko and Reg as they explore a fantastic world to find Riko's mother and cure their friend Mitty from an illness.
3) Perfect Blue - fun idol based anime
4) Higurashi - Group of kids gather after school to play games and attend festivals
5) Berserk - An adventure anime with two best friends Guts and Griffith who set out on a quest for their king. Griffith can do nothing wrong.

You should check out Grave of the Fireflies. 👍

That's an interesting selection of anime, but definitely of a limited scope. I'm just surprised there's no slice of life listed, which I feel are the ultimate in happiness when it comes to anime.

Watched the video and while the list is pretty decent there's a few issues to mention.

It's pretty unfair to credit good animation to a higher budget instead of the animators who actually worked on the show. To use an example, Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and many other ufotable series have been known to use a standard budget for their series. Their high quality comes from their talented staff and digital effects team and healthy schedules. I understand it's a pretty big misconception in the anime community especially with all those "unlimited budget works" jokes flying around but it'd do well to do some research on anime production before discussing sakuga.

Another issue I've seen is the use of 60FPS clips in the video. As cool as some people may think these look they're not representative of the quality of the series you're discussing and more often than not ruin the intended presentation of the scene.

Sorry if I sounded rude but I'm a sakuga fan so it annoys me to see all these hard working animators getting ignored in favour of budget. A cool thing you can do if you approach this topic in the future is to highlight your favourite cuts and discuss the people that worked on them like ufotable's ace animator Nozomu Abe and his work on Demon Slayer. Could also mention the chief animation director or other notable people.

Sakugablog has some good articles on anime production

Ramble over so I'll list some personal favourite sakuga recommendations.
  • Flip Flappers
  • Space Dandy
  • Black Fox
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • March comes in like a lion
  • Kizumonogatari
  • Promare
  • Redline
  • Symphogear
  • Sword of the Stranger
  • Asteroid in Love

Back