Your viewing journal

FKtPwD8l.png

Gleipnir (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12
Princess Connect! Re: Dive (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-8
Tower of God (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-13 (Completed)

Tower of God episode 13 Truth and ruthlessness. (Complete. A solid story and some very good action throughout. I’m curious to see how the narrative will progress from here, especially regarding Rachel and Bam’s relationship.) 3.5/5

(All Purpose Cultural) Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
OVAs 1-6 (Complete. A relatively charming OVA series which gave way to a TV series. Nuku Nuku’s naivety manages not to get repetitive and remains endearing enough throughout.) 3.5/5

(All Purpose Cultural) Cat Girl Nuku Nuku TV
episodes 1-6

Mobile Suit Gundam episodes 22-24

Current Focus
Mobile Suit Gundam2442
Afro Samurai05
Gatchaman Crowds: Insight012
Owarimonogatari012
RahXephon: The Motion Picture01
Remaining Series: 57
Remaining Movies: 30
Remaining Other: 9

Last edited:
Plunderer Episode 24 (Complete)

Tower of God Episode 13 (Complete. For an anime that was based on a Webtoon this was a pretty solid adaption with it's interesting story and action sequences. I'm quite intrigued as to how everything will progress going forward, including the Bam-Rachel relationship.) 3.5/5

Waiting In The Summer-I've watched it a few times subbed but the new english dub sure makes a difference. It almost seems like a totally different series dubbed.

Radiant season 1
At a glance seems like standard shonen fare but it's actually full of some pretty heavy themes. The sorcerers being treated as infected and the populace being scared, violent towards them and also misunderstanding how to become a sorcerer is clearly an analogy for the AIDs epidemic. Also the first proper out and out villian of the show being an intolerant, bigoted, anti immigrant racist was very timely for a story first written in 2013 and is clearly inspired by the growing far right in Eurpoe. (The original manga is French).

Overall the story'sessage of fighting prejudice is a simple one but also a welcome one. The hero characters are fun and engaging though the main character can be a little to stupid at times which is a little annoying. The animation was good and clear and I'm looking forward to watching more.

Black Blood Brothers Episodes 8 to 12 (complete)

Short vampire series, nice action scenes and slow character build up.

1mFaLUNl.png

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3
Princess Connect! Re: Dive (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10
Wave, Listen to Me! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3

Weathering With You - Well I can be surprised by anime again I absolutely loved it potentially best film of 2019 (HF II might pip it for the berserker fight) it took what I liked about Your Name and improved 10 fold it also got rid of all what I disliked it made it smaller scale and made the romance more believable and more investable even the ending I love as I love its message thought I wouldn’t (as I got spoilt and I eye rolled) but it works I can’t explain why it just works and works well. 10/10

(All Purpose Cultural) Cat Girl Nuku Nuku TV episodes 7-12 (Complete. Different enough from the OVA series thanks to an expanded supporting cast but still retaining the zany antics of the original stories.) 3/5

(All Purpose Cultural) Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Dash!
OVAs 1-6

Last edited:
BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO~OHMORI~ episode 8

Tower of God episodes 7-11

Mobile Suit Gundam episodes 25-26 (Dropped)
Honestly surprised it's taken me this long to admit this but I just can't get into this show. May come back to it at a later time.

Current Focus
Mobile Suit Gundam2642
Afro Samurai05
Gatchaman Crowds: Insight012
Owarimonogatari012
RahXephon: The Motion Picture01
Remaining Series: 56
Remaining Movies: 30
Remaining Other: 9

Yu Yu Hakusho ep1-2

I remember reading about YYH when I was a kid and thinking it sounded really dramatic, but it's a lot lighter in tone than I would have expected - it's actually quite goofy. I was amused enough that I'll probably watch a bit more, but I'm not sure how I feel about the prospect of 100-odd episodes of it, even if that does make it one of the shorter shonen fighting series. It also kind of makes me wish I was watching Ghost Sweeper Mikami, so I could see myself switching to that soon.

Lord of Lords Ryu Knight Adeu's Legend II - Episodes 1 -3 [Final]

A short sequel that is decent but doesn't have the quite magic as the first OVA.

Lord of Lords Ryu Knight Adeu's Legend Final

The obligatory chibi episode! Good silly fun though.

I must get round to watching the original Ryu Knight TV series now.

Cosmic Devil Daikengo - Episodes 5 & 6

Kabukichou Sherlock eps 14-16
Thought it was about time I got back to this Fall 2019 series. I forgot to watch one week and just ended up stopping. These 3 episodes were mainly one offs with a few nods to the overall plot.

The Case of Hana & Alice
Nice little film of two halves

The Tatami Galaxy episodes 1 & 2
Fast moving series, I've had to hit pause a couple times to try and read all the subtitles on screen

r3qxW26l.png

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-6
Princess Connect! Re: Dive (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12
Wave, Listen to Me! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-6

Tower of God episodes 12-13 (End)
After a shaky start this series was actually pretty fun. A lot of interesting characters and a powerful soundtrack. Would like to see a season 2.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episodes 1-2
I've enjoyed a lot of Cygames' series so far and this is shaping up to be a fun ride.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby [Rewatch] episodes 3-4

(All Purpose Cultural) Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Dash! OVAs 7-12 (Complete. An alternative storyline that lacks the charm of the prior iterations. There are some interesting ideas here but the overall series feels like the weakest entry of the franchise for me.) 2.5/5

Chaika -The Coffin Princess-
episodes 1-6

Kabukichou Sherlock eps 17-20
Firmly back into the main plot. Takes quite an interesting turn.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War s2 e12 (complete)
Photoshoot and an explosive ending!
20200627_180823.gif
An excellent season with plenty of standout moments both hilarious and, surprisingly, for such a comedy focused show moving ones too. Kaguya herself has definitely softened and a lot of the comedy comes from her reactions and funny situations rather than the clever/absurd planning of the first season. I criticised the first season a bit because we didn't get that confession and while we still don't get that it seems only a matter of time at this point. Really hope there's a 3rd season.
The production is good with the animation selling the reactions well.
9/10

PROMARE
(dub)
Definitely one of those films that loses something by not being on the big screen. Sounded great on my Surround Sound headphones though.

Side:Galo & Side:Lio (dub)
Couple of prequel shorts. I liked the Galo one a little more than the Lio one.
8/10 & 7/10

Back