UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Yes, and they’ve dropped it already.
****s sake. I somehow missed that completely due to the pic in the tweet being for a completely different show. Well great. Another dropped series. Glad I hadn't got round to buying Season 1! It's probably about to become as worthless as my Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Part 1 Blu-ray did.

wasn't Manga supposed to be fixing some problems there were with the AU versions?
I didn’t know there were any problems with the AU versions! I’ve got all four of the AU releases and haven’t had any issues with any of them, but TBH I don’t see/hear/understand a lot of the technical issues people discover, so maybe I just missed them.

The Rising of the Shield Hero limited edition sets are now finally available to order on Amazon (Part 1 was accessible a few days ago). EDIT: Also available on UP1.

Season 1 Part 1 LE - £48.98 (Amazon) - £41.99 + P&P (UP1)
Season 1 Part 2 LE - £33.25 (Amazon) - £23.99 + P&P (UP1)

(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links for Amazon, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

When buying from UP1 do they charge postage per item when they ship separately (if pre-orders for instance) or is the cost that is shown at checkout the total for all items?

When buying from UP1 do they charge postage per item when they ship separately (if pre-orders for instance) or is the cost that is shown at checkout the total for all items?
Since the two parts are scheduled for the same date, UP1 should be shipping them together. While the postage is shown during checkout, if they ship separately then the postage cost will differ. The prices I mentioned is just for the item itself (hence the '+ P&P' mention).

Since the two parts are scheduled for the same date, UP1 should be shipping them together. While the postage is shown during checkout, if they ship separately then the postage cost will differ. The prices I mentioned is just for the item itself (hence the '+ P&P' mention).
Yeah I wasn’t sure if two items that ship on separate dates would incur separate costs or not. I’m looking to get a couple of other Manga/Funi LEs from them also.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if two items that ship on separate dates would incur separate costs or not. I’m looking to get a couple of other Manga/Funi LEs from them also.
you could tick the box in their order process to ship as a whole, rather then ASAP, that would sort your problem.

Damn part 2 of slime is on its 3rd (?) Delay! Hopefully they'll up it to a limited edition with the box!
Speaking of. I noticed on the previous manga release list they didn't have Wiseman's Grandchild listed with a Limited Edition probably just an oversight but still missing on this revised list 🤔

The delays are getting ridiculous especially for thing like Hellsing, Slime and Yamato 2199 that have been delayed multiple times already.

The delays are getting ridiculous especially for thing like Hellsing, Slime and Yamato 2199 that have been delayed multiple times already.
I kinda regret buying Part 1 of Slime on January now since manga keeps delaying it.
They might as well release a CE verison of it as a apology. Not a fan of having big release graps between parts of series that I love.
20200312_125431.jpg

Anyone buying a Manga UK part release before the full season is released, at this stage, is just asking for problems.
does it really matter at this point? funi will probably just repackage the same discs with different disc labels and you'll be waiting 2-3 years for a collected re-release

but saying that, i wouldn't mind being able to buy a complete release around the same time as part 2 or whatever coming out because having multiple cases for 2 disc releases is a pain in the butt for space related issues when you're now getting multiple series from funi doing this crap over here now

Back