UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

After buying a load of stuff on Day 1 (which I'm glad I did, because a lot of them are sold out already, this hasn't turned out too bad for me.

I already own all the Gundam releases so far, I don'y buy UEs and none of the movies really interested me.

I wanted to get Outlaw Star, Twin Star Exorcists and the Fairy Tail movie, but I forgot about them and missed the deal. That's something to look forward to next Christmas, I suppose.

Presumably day 12 will be the mystery box (which I never get), so hopefully I can just survive days 8-11 and then I should have some spare money to get some stuff from MVM this year!

After buying a load of stuff on Day 1 (which I'm glad I did, because a lot of them are sold out already, this hasn't turned out too bad for me.

I already own all the Gundam releases so far, I don'y buy UEs and none of the movies really interested me.

I wanted to get Outlaw Star, Twin Star Exorcists and the Fairy Tail movie, but I forgot about them and missed the deal. That's something to look forward to next Christmas, I suppose.

Presumably day 12 will be the mystery box (which I never get), so hopefully I can just survive days 8-11 and then I should have some spare money to get some stuff from MVM this year!

I did the same with day 1. I think a lot of people did. With a lot of that stuff, waiting potentially meant having it get sold out. Better to get it if you want it rather than waiting and hoping it wouldn't get sold out.

Finally the truth comes out, next you’ll be telling us that despite not liking Shonen fighting shows you do in fact make exceptions for Dragonball Z and Naruto. :p

Ugh, DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach are the absolute worst anime series for me, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than have to watch them. Both of my daughters loved Naruto and watched it all the time, and I could barely last 5 minutes before I had to leave the room when they were watching it. I don't go near One Piece, Fairy Tail, or Hunter x Hunter either.

There are a few mecha series I do like and own - such as Escaflowne, Aldnoah Zero, Kuromukuro, and Flag; I also own the JP box sets of Rahxephan, Gargantia, Akita the Exiled, and the Patlabor movies. But still, I like those series despite the mech in the shows; to me giant mech are cringe-worthy at best. And, my least favorite mecha series by far is also my ultimate worst anime of all time - Gurren Lagann.

my least favorite mecha series by far is also my ultimate worst anime of all time - Gurren Lagann.
That’s interesting, I mean I think Lagann is great, and while it does perhaps embody some of the shonen and mech tropes you’re clearly not a fan of, I think it does so tongue firmly in cheek. It’s more an over the top parody of them than anything. It also probably helps if you know your Gainax. How do you feel about Gunbuster and Evangelion, out of interest?
DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach are the absolute worst anime series for me, I'd rather gouge my eyes out than have to watch them.
No argument from me there.

Noticed Amazon UK page for Code Geass film 2 now states "This title will be released on December 16, 2019."

I assume this means its delayed since Anime Limited isn't saying anything even though today is meant to be release

While a delay annoys me. I do rather hope they would just come out and say it instead of me having to look on other sites while their own store page still states today as the release date
I mean sure, I don't think expecting to be told this sorta information is a lot to ask, I just think "shows they care more about Gundam" is a bit of a leap.

Got an email regarding Geass
Good evening,

I hope all is well.

You're receiving this email as you placed an order for Code Geass II: Transgression Blu-ray Collector's Edition at our AllTheAnime.com online shop.

We wanted to provide you with a small update on the status of this product and you order.

In the last hour (at the time of writing) we have literally received the first batch of stock from the production house of the product; and we're very happy with how it's turned out!

Now, the obvious question you'll likely have at this point is "when will mine be sent?" The short answer to this is that due to delays to deliveries now we're in the busy Christmas period our fulfilment house are still waiting for their delivery of stock to be able to fulfil orders with. So as soon as that delivery has arrived, which will be any day now, they'll begin shipping orders accordingly.

On behalf of all our team, we apologise for the late notice of this update and for the delay in you receiving your order of this, but with our 12 Days of Christmas sales going on our team have been incredibly busy, and this update regretfully was not provided to you before the weekend just gone, as its intended release date was today (9th December.)

We thank you for your patience and understanding on this, but if you do have any queries please feel free to respond to this message.

I hope this helps and have a nice day.

Back