UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Yes but if these shows get CEs in America there must be some market for them. I mean maid dragons abscene in Mangas FUNi list is bizarre as it’s quite popular among lots of audiences. I know that didn’t get a CE But it was as if not more popular than Tanya
It’s just what I’ve noticed both from MVM and Manga they skip certain Sentai and FUNi shows and sadly for me they are the ones I would buy.
seems like it was more a deal between Crunchyroll who own the license for it over here and funi who had their we dub you sub deal at that time

hoping we eventually will start getting the missing back catalogue because there's quite a few titles i've been interested in over the last couple and when it comes to searching for it it was only ever released a couple years ago in america and even if it means waiting i still prefer to avoid importing and buying it locally

How can you not be interested in Haikyuu, what the actual feck.

I mean, they know their business I'm sure, but how can there not be an audience for such a good fecking anime? 🤔

It annoys me that it's seemingly dead in France too, as it had a very cool CE for the first season

It wasn’t marketed well tbh, and it was sub only at the time.
The fact sentai has gone back dubbed and gave LEs proves there is a market in America at least.
And I know a lot of people won’t touch it because male main cast.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but the Goblin Slayer LE appears to be sold out on Amazon, not sure how long it’ll last elsewhere.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but the Goblin Slayer LE appears to be sold out on Amazon, not sure how long it’ll last elsewhere.
Yeah it sold out first on United Publications and now as you noticed on Amazon. MVM's Anime-on-Line store is also sold out, so what's left is Base (cheapest), HMV and Zavvi. If those do sell out, there is the option of the US limited edition release which is Region B compatible.

Still need to receive my Goblin Slayer from UP1. I see it’s on Item Held status so guess i’m good (as i ordered other stuff together with it)

Amazon sucks they sent my goblin slayer in one of those card envalopes you'd usually throw somthing thin in, not one of the folded ones, the entire corners of the envalope was so tight it crushed my goblin slayer and there was gaping holes on the two corners of the amazon envalope as well, rainy day so the box was wet as well, and they have no replacements in stock ;( ;(

Got my Goblin Slayer LE today from Amazon. Came in a big jiffy bag for some reason so I was concerned of damage but all was good.
Very happy with the set. Looks well worth the 45 quid I paid.

Amazon sucks they sent my goblin slayer in one of those card envalopes you'd usually throw somthing thin in, not one of the folded ones, the entire corners of the envalope was so tight it crushed my goblin slayer and there was gaping holes on the two corners of the amazon envalope as well, rainy day so the box was wet as well, and they have no replacements in stock ;( ;(
OOF man that sucks, I'd hope in a case like that you'd be able to get in touch with Manga and get it sorted out through them

Back