The General Conversation Area

Have to admit that design works pretty well for your room. Though I prefer the classic shelving approach, in fact when my parents came to visit me today they mentioned that my new room at my parents' new house will need some new shelving so at some point I'm going to have to figure out what sort of layout I want for my collection (especially as I don't want to stack titles again).

Out of curiosity, have you ever considered sorting your collection out in a specific way, like say by distributor or by special edition? Doesn't that ever crop up in your mind from time to time. Like for me I just recently re-sorted my PlayStation collection so that the PS3 titles are in A-Z with the Spider-Man PS3 branding mixed in rather than on their own and the JP imports moved to a different shelf.

Out of curiosity, have you ever considered sorting your collection out in a specific way, like say by distributor or by special edition? Doesn't that ever crop up in your mind from time to time. Like for me I just recently re-sorted my PlayStation collection so that the PS3 titles are in A-Z with the Spider-Man PS3 branding mixed in rather than on their own and the JP imports moved to a different shelf.

I prefer to do this too. I have my clean AL CE's, AL Elephant butt CE's, MVM CE's, Ghibli's, standard editions etc all separated from each other, looks nicer that way imo. I notice plenty of people here like just having them purely alphabetical though, which is fair enough. :)

I prefer to do this too. I have my clean AL CE's, AL Elephant butt CE's, MVM CE's, Ghibli's, standard editions etc all separated from each other, looks nicer that way imo. I notice plenty of people here like just having them purely alphabetical though, which is fair enough. :)
Yeah I have them grouped by distributor and special editions (as many probably noticed with my Otaku Complete Collection updates over the years), mainly because I found it easier to spot the titles that way and they often match.

Alphabetical works best for me.
I have a lot of titles and due to the sheer size it would be a pain having them put into categories or distributor.

As for the weight limit I have no idea but each shelves has 8 countersunk holes, which is over kill for a 2000mm shelf.
There heavy too.

With the cabinet I don't have order but I keep a series (like fate or both parts of parasyte, for example) next to each other.

One easy way to make me lose my mind word be, say, putting From the new world part1 near the top when Part 2 Is near the bottom

Mine is loosely by genre but also by dvd/blu ray for space reasons. Within genre it's more or less by how much I like them. It looks like a hot mess but I seem to be able to remember where everything is.

I was looking online for anime bookends only to find that there isn't any.
Strange since so many people collect manga and blu rays right?
It got me thinking of what else?
I thought about canvases and picture frames which are annoying to put up. Why not have posters made out of metal and have them placed on the wall with a magnet?
Seeing as I like the idea of metal and having something printing and lasting a very long time.
This could apply to desks and tables too.

What do you think?

I was looking online for anime bookends only to find that there isn't any.
Strange since so many people collect manga and blu rays right?
It got me thinking of what else?
I thought about canvases and picture frames which are annoying to put up. Why not have posters made out of metal and have them placed on the wall with a magnet?
Seeing as I like the idea of metal and having something printing and lasting a very long time.
This could apply to desks and tables too.

What do you think?
Posters made out metal you hang with a magnet do exist! Heres the website:

Different artists submit designs so there are loads of anime ones. here are mine
15723843556831829836496615033780.jpg

I was looking online for anime bookends only to find that there isn't any
Anime inspired bookends don't exist?
The world really is a festering wound infested with maggots that screech "humanity" if we allow this to continue

May I suggest a thread for artists on the subject? The bookends, not the wound!

I would want to say not to make any based on anime boobies, but that will happen regardless of whether I do or not. This community

Last edited:
Back