Amazon's Import Fees Deposit

unknownfate

Pokémon Master
I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere but I'm curious if anyone has insight.

Is there anything that indicates that Fees have been charged? I received a package today that exceeded the £15 threshold but because of the Import fees deposit I can't determine whether fees had been levied and were "pre paid" or if the package slipped through.

I don't know if this has been discussed elsewhere but I'm curious if anyone has insight.

Is there anything that indicates that Fees have been charged? I received a package today that exceeded the £15 threshold but because of the Import fees deposit I can't determine whether fees had been levied and were "pre paid" or if the package slipped through.
If the package slipped through you will receive an email from Amazon in a couple of weeks, it has taken 6 weeks once before for me when the Gundam Wing UE slipped in(nearly €50 refunded), stating that the import deposit has been refunded to the payment card that was used for the purchase.

As it stands though you won't know if it has slipped though unless you receive that email.

It only happened to me once that they refunded the full deposit. The email was just like the standard refund you generally get when they refund you a couple of cents due to exchange rate fluctuations. Interestingly enough it took way longer than usual (>2 months). So while there's no way of knowing if a package slipped through or how much was actually paid for it (AFAIK), I don't believe they pocket the money if a package "slips through".

It only happened to me once that they refunded the full deposit. The email was just like the standard refund you generally get when they refund you a couple of cents due to exchange rate fluctuations. Interestingly enough it took way longer than usual (>2 months). So while there's no way of knowing if a package slipped through or how much was actually paid for it (AFAIK), I don't believe they pocket the money if a package "slips through".
I often get the full deposit amount back, but Irish customs are leaky as a sieve 11 months of the year. Outside of December I get charged customs on about 3/10 non EU packages.

Only ever had items under £15 go through to date and have gotten the deposit refunded by CS via live chat so I've no experience with higher value items

Back