Your viewing journal

Fruits Basket eps 1-5 (dub)
I thought I'd watch this before the re-adaptation starts in the next season and in English as no doubt I'll be watching in Japanese to keep up with the simulcast crowd.
It seems a bit slow ATM. The art style seems very similar to other 00s shows I've seen (thinking mainly of Chobits and Kanon), although this is '01 so before both.
How many volumes of the manga did this version get through? And if they are doing all 23 in the new adaptation, how many episodes do you think it will be? FMA was 27 Vols and took 64 episodes in Brotherhood (although the start was a little rushed due to the first anime attempt).

Yuru Camp△ eps 10-12 (rewatch complete)
I wasn't as sad as the first time I finished watching this series, as I have the manga and a second season to look forward to!

Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 19
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Episode 7
The Quintessential Quintuplets Episode 7
My Roommate is a Cat Episode 7
Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji Episode 6
Mysteria Friends Episode 6
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 21

/umiko

March comes in like a Lion (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

March-comes-in-like-a-Lion-1.gif

March-comes-in-like-a-Lion-4.gif

March-comes-in-like-a-Lion-2.gif

The Price of Smiles - Episodes 7 & 8

There was some character writing in these episodes that I quite liked but the dramatic punch in both episodes was broadcast so early on it made the overall story writing feel really sloppy.

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 294

3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season Episode 8 [20]
Human relationships can be extremely complex. A new couple is born, but that ending tho...

WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me Episode 8
Sending your (S.A.D) suffering eldest daughter clothes shopping to a mall..... Great Idea.

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Dub) episode 38 Beauty within the shell.

Black Clover episode 72 Gonna be a man in motion.

Run with the Wind episode 19 Push it to the limit (limit!)

Lady Snowblood (Film) A simple but well-told revenge film which inspired the likes of Quentin Tarantino due to its headstrong female lead and stylistic violence. I’d say it’s well deserving of its legacy. 4/5

Gintama Movie: Benizakura Arc

Perfectly encapsulated everything that makes Gintama so good. 😊

Kinda curious how well they pulled this off in the Live Action version now.

SSSS. Gridman eps 3–12 (complete)
I have a desire to watch any anime based on one of the Japan Animator Expo short films, and this is the second one to be adapted into longer form, following on from Dragon Dentist a couple of years ago.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Studio Trigger come up trumps with their action scenes yet again, really conveying the sheer size and weight of Gridman and his enemies. The characters themselves are very memorable and engaging, and I found myself really invested in their stories — so much so, in fact, that I could see this as only just the beginning of the Gridman story. I'd love for it to continue, anyway, because it feels from these 12 episodes that the writers are far from having exhausted the potential of the whole setting. The script is something to write home about too, with a skilled mix of drama, humour and pathos, and there's also some disarmingly naturalistic dialogue from the two main female characters, Akane and Rikka, especially.

An excellent series outright, and episode 10 on its own is one of the very best single episodes of anime I have ever watched. Another excellent outing for Trigger as a studio, and for Japan Animator Expo as a showcase of innovative ideas.

I dropped it about 5 episodes in since it was a very monster-of-the-week type of show and I had other shows to watch. I'll give it another go sometime since I've heard good things about it since it finished.

Back