US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

91 Days collectors Ed locked ?

what came with the dimssion W collector Set ?

Can confirm that the current relasese of the first Applseed film ( senti film works) works on an AU PS4 :)

haven't tested it on Ps3

91 Days collectors Ed locked ?

what came with the dimssion W collector Set ?

Can confirm that the current relasese of the first Applseed film ( senti film works) works on an AU PS4 :)

haven't tested it on Ps3
91 days should use the same disks as the L.E. I can contact my funimation friend, I've seen others on this anime forum that have picked up the L.E too. It might be faster to ask one of them.

Okay, so.

I have taken feedback among various folks with regards to the changes I have made to the first post. And I have essentially tweaked it a bit.
  • The region order will still remain. However it's been simplified so that it's now sorted by Region B, Region B & 2, and Region 2 (essentially saying Blu-ray list, Blu-ray & DVD list, and DVD list for each distributor) instead of ABC, AB124, AB12 etc. It's really just the Funimation section being mostly affected by this since the others are just either region B or not.
  • The Sentai Filmworks/Section23 Films section have switched places with Discotek's in terms of importance.
  • Sentai's group is split between Region B, Bypass and Geolocked. This will not change.
  • The font size has been reduced for mobile viewers but I've experimented with a different font type to make it a bit easier to read on browsers.
  • For any new additions there'll be a *NEW* tag applied to them.

And those look fine, so what's the issue?
No, they don't. If you think they're fine, you're not a videophile.
We like actual quality. Not piss-poor versions of our favoutites with low bitrates causing tons of banding and aliasing.

Anyone who actually wants a 9/3 split is insane or doesn't care one bit about quality.

No, they don't. If you think they're fine, you're not a videophile.
We like actual quality. Not piss-poor versions of our favoutites with low bitrates causing tons of banding and aliasing.

Anyone who actually wants a 9/3 split is insane or doesn't care one bit about quality.
Except the few Sentai titles I own all look pretty good with a 9/3 split. Hell, Funi's Interviews with Monster Girls is almost identical to the Japanese BD, and it's a 9/3 split. The issue isn't how many episodes are on the disk, it's how well they've been encoded.

I'm aware there are releases out there with noticeably bad video quality (notably from Funi), but there's enough examples of releases out there with 9/3 splits or similar that still manage to maintain fantastic video quality, that complaining that they should all just be even splits on BD50s comes across as just wishful thinking.

Yes, it's a cost-cutting measure, and yes, absolutely call them out on it when it results in noticeably worse video quality. But when most of the time, the difference in quality compared to a Japanese 6 or 9 disk release is negligible, I personally just don't have the energy to get all worked up about it.

This is in the wrong section. Unlike other geolocked titles, this only works in my PS4.
That's weird. But either way whenever a Sentai title is added I do set the default as Geolocked unless the individual tests it across multiple players and uses the country/region code check in the first post. Patlabor should be the very last title to be having that very specific geolock since it came out early 2015.

That's weird. But either way whenever a Sentai title is added I do set the default as Geolocked unless the individual tests it across multiple players and uses the country/region code check in the first post. Patlabor should be the very last title to be having that very specific geolock since it came out early 2015.
Does this mean that the upcoming Patlabor UE will have this specific geolock? I don't have a PS4 just multi region players so there's a chance it may not play.

Back