The General Conversation Area

Not exactly your typical thing on here. But I recently received these 2 little fluff balls

AEE27F6F-9129-4893-BD7D-0662A0E17FCA.jpg
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!! 😍

These 2 brothers are Barney (grey with white) and Teddy (grey)
I also have a brother sister combo called Harry and Izzy who are 3 years old
Then there’s our old man cat called Sox who is 20! 😁
Awesome! And what a great age for an old cat 😊

Awwww the kitties in this thread are completely adorable.

Meanwhile, in a fit of 'it's too hot and I can't stand it' I decided to trim my hair down a bit. It was getting to the point where it was basically at the bottom of my back and now it's about halfway down (I always keep it tied back so the length wasn't bothering me too much), but with this heatwave I just want the ability to manage it a little better than I was. I should probably have it professionally looked at someday, but that hasn't been done since I was a kid... ^^;

Meanwhile, in a fit of 'it's too hot and I can't stand it' I decided to trim my hair down a bit. It was getting to the point where it was basically at the bottom of my back and now it's about halfway down (I always keep it tied back so the length wasn't bothering me too much), but with this heatwave I just want the ability to manage it a little better than I was. I should probably have it professionally looked at someday, but that hasn't been done since I was a kid... ^^;
So what is your ideal hair length?

I used to have long hair up until I was about 14. Now my hair is just so ridiculously fine and brittle I can only manage it if it's short, so I've had short styles for a while now. I have cut my own fringe in the past just to keep it out of the way (despite my hair being really c****y it grows like triffids). I did once hack off my locks sometime last year but...I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I did that 😞

EDIT: @Neil.T shall I just go bald?

I used to have long hair up until I was about 14. Now my hair is just so ridiculously fine and brittle I can only manage it if it's short, so I've had short styles for a while now. I have cut my own fringe in the past just to keep it out of the way (despite my hair being really c****y it grows like triffids). I did once hack off my locks sometime last year but...I wasn't in the best frame of mind when I did that 😞

EDIT: @Neil.T shall I just go bald?
Any idea what caused it to go fine and brittle? Seems unfortunate that would happen.

Any idea what caused it to go fine and brittle? Seems unfortunate that would happen.
No idea. I've had an issue with my scalp since being diagnosed with pernicious anaemia, so weather or not that's connected in any way. My hair has never been perfect, but it's worse than it's been in the past for sure. It never looks like it does the day I come from the hairdressers and they've used their fancy gunk and stuff!

Back