Forwarding Services for US anime imports (like Sentai's shop)

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Wasn't sure where to place this topic so I'll mention it here for now.

As you know some companies like Funimation and Sentai Filmworks have been offering sales that are pretty solid except they don't ship internationally and I'm aware the solution to this is pretty much using a forwarding service. I'm a noob at this kind of thing so I was wondering for the folks whom have used them which forwarding service is the best and why you would recommend them?

I know Viabox was suggested to me however that service has a lot of negative feedback which are fairly recent. So I was hoping to find one that is trust-worthy and is easy to understand, and that if others are interested could use this thread as an idea of what to use.

I used Viabox for the first time to order from Sentai during their memorial sale and I had absolutely no problems.

The only other forwarding site I’ve heard of is MyUS... no idea what they are like.

This is something I've been interested in as well, might have to look into the websites listed.

I'm a bit lucky here as An Post, the Irish mail service, operate a reship service to Ireland from the US called AddressPal.

Used it not long before Christmas and it cost me €17 shipping to get a Kindle Paperwhite I bought half price from Amazon sent. That price is for items upto a mass of 2kg.

I've never used a forwarding site but a few users on Blu-ray.com have recommended Shipito
Shipito seems like a good choice to use, however the customs declaration stuff I'm curious to know more about. Does the form have to be accurate or could you actually reduce the value a little bit?

Shipito seems like a good choice to use, however the customs declaration stuff I'm curious to know more about. Does the form have to be accurate or could you actually reduce the value a little bit?
If you were to say it was a gift would you avoid any customs fees?

If you were to say it was a gift would you avoid any customs fees?
Marking items as a gift only limits the customs value from £15 to £30 last I checked so I dunno.

To be honest I may skip out on the whole forward shipping because there's not enough info for me to understand how it all works. If someone had used Shipito then that would greatly benefit me (that user has to be UK based for obvious reasons).

Marking items as a gift only limits the customs value from £15 to £30 last I checked so I dunno.

To be honest I may skip out on the whole forward shipping because there's not enough info for me to understand how it all works. If someone had used Shipito then that would greatly benefit me (that user has to be UK based for obvious reasons).
I'm the same in this regard, I'm concerned that I'd mess something up.

I'm the same in this regard, I'm concerned that I'd mess something up.
Yeah same here, especially as I'm on a tight budget.

The thing is that it's really the Sentai LEs that I want that are worth going from that sale due to how much it's being reduced. But when I look back on it, not only do you take into account the Forwarder shipping but also the customs declaration as well so it's back to square one.

Yeah same here, especially as I'm on a tight budget.

The thing is that it's really the Sentai LEs that I want that are worth going from that sale due to how much it's being reduced. But when I look back on it, not only do you take into account the Forwarder shipping but also the customs declaration as well so it's back to square one.
Yeah it's a pain, I'd always worry that my package could be inspected and the whole "label as gift or undervalue" routine could backfire.

Two users recommended shipito in the criterion UK thread on Blu-ray.com. I'm not sure if they're UK based but they me able to help.
Link to thread

Back