Your viewing journal

Darling in The FRANNX (24) (complete)
This series was a 7 for me but the last episode dropped it down to a 5.

Cells at Work (2)
This could be interesting so I'll give it a few episodes. I doubt any kind of plot will develop but I don't think it really needs one.

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar (1)
Very generic so we'll give it a few episodes but I imagine this'll be getting dropped soon.

Darling in the FranXX - Episode 24 [Final]

And Darling in the FranXX limps to it's conclusion, there was a lot I liked but more that I didn't like, a disappointing waste of massive potential.

Harukana Receive ep1

I liked the turtle, but not really my kind of thing.

Hanebado ep1

Some nice animation on the actual matches, but it didn't really grab me. Maybe I'd like it better if it focused on one or two characters in particular, idk.

Blue Exorcist (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-12
Blue Exorcist: Kuro Runs Away From Home (Japanese audio) - Special

That's pretty much the first half of the series sorted for this marathon watch. I was planning on going through 1 disc per day but considering disc 2 had 4 episodes and disc 3 had 3 episodes I figured I'll combine them together.

Assassination Classroom (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-11
Assassination Classroom: Episode 0 "Meeting Time" (Japanese audio) - Special

Amagami_SS_-_11.png

Amagami SS+ (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-8

Asobi Asobase -Workshop of fun- episode 1 Can't go wrong with CGDC...wait a minute. This was funny, though I wonder how far the humour can stretch.

Hanebado! episode 2 The animation was on point this episode. I'm liking this so far, hoping for the development to continue.

Planet With episode 1 I was left rather confused here and there with this, but I'll give the story time to explain and progress.

Azumanga Diaoh episodes 1-19

Last edited:
Asobi Asobase (Sub) Episode 1
Great start hopefully it gets better, the animation used during some of the facial reactions was comedy gold. Also that male teacher, what he did was downright disturbing, disgusting and creepy. EWWW NASTY.

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 15

Hanebado! (Sub) Episode 2
Aragaki's given a special lesson after her temper gets the better of her. Another good episode with on point animation. Hoping for more character development.

Hello!! Kinmoza! Episode 3 - 12 (Blu-ray) (Complete)
This is just to adorable. The whole series was a joy to watch. What made the show more enjoyable was the good cast of characters and their interactions with each other combined with gorgeous animation made this an absolute joy to watch. Definitely a SoL comedy not to be missed. 9/10

ISLAND (Sub) Episode 2
Hmmm intriguing.🤔 Just as one of the Islands secrets is revealed, another mystery takes it's place, The plot thickens.

Asobi Asobase (episode 1)
Amusing, art was different and it might pick up a bit more. Interesting so far.

ISLAND (Sub) Episode 2
Hmmm intriguing.🤔 Just as one of the Islands secrets is revealed, another mystery takes it's place, The plot thickens.
I'm really not in a rush to watch episode two after last week, but just to clarify when you say "plot" do you mean "plot" or "plot plot"? You know, with like a wink and stuff?

DARLING in the FRANXX eps 22–24 (complete)
So... 😅

It's no secret that FRANXX has borrowed very heavily from Evangelion, and Rebuild in particular. I know that, and I've never had an issue with it, because... well... I've always felt that the nature of FRANXX is that it takes bits and pieces from elsewhere and actually improves on them. It's just my personal opinion but, with Rebuild of Eva not yet finished, FRANXX looked elsewhere for inspiration for its conclusion. That place was Gurren Lagann, and that's going to be a losing battle. Timeskips are a very difficult thing to do in storytelling, and I don't think the final episode managed to pull it off.

I agree with @HWR in that it was disappointing. For me, an underwhelming end to a great series. I still really like it, though.

I also finished my rewatch of FLCL (eps 4–6)
As great as ever.

Oh, and the first two episodes of Kiznaiver, alongside a start on Flip Flappers, both on Crunchyroll.

Asobi Asobase (episode 1)
Amusing, art was different and it might pick up a bit more. Interesting so far.

I'm really not in a rush to watch episode two after last week, but just to clarify when you say "plot" do you mean "plot" or "plot plot"? You know, with like a wink and stuff?

Both, but I'm more curious about the "PLOT" with the wink and stuff.

Banana Fish ep 1

Persona 5 the Animation ep 14
Makotos side quest with some catch-up moments on what they've done so far. Next - second best girl.

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 15
Aoi is back to square one with the employees of the Inn she's been taken to treating her as bad or worse than when she turned up at the first Inn. I'm sure she'll cook her way into their hearts.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 11
Good god the Funimation Now app is terrible, paused nearly every minute. Watched on my phone as the it's too hot to use the PS4 for too long as it just pumps more heat into my room which is already like an oven.
See individual episode thread for my thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Blue Exorcist (Japanese audio) - Episodes 13-17

Oddly enough the first disc of Part 2 actually covers the remaining canon episodes from this set. Episodes 16 & 17 do feature non-canon material but it doesn't interrupt the flow that much except for the very end of episode 17. Episodes 18-25 are filler episodes so I'm debating on whether to actually watch them or not for curiosity and completion sake.

Oddly enough the first disc of Part 2 actually covers the remaining canon episodes from this set. Episodes 16 & 17 do feature non-canon material but it doesn't interrupt the flow that much except for the very end of episode 17. Episodes 18-25 are filler episodes so I'm debating on whether to actually watch them or not for curiosity and completion sake.
Personally I did as I find it interesting how things can changes, ultimately your mileage may vary!

I skipped them and went straight into Kyoto Arc/Saga. Now I'm waiting on that third season.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) Episode 8.5

Katana Maidens (Dub) Episode 23

Dropkick on My Devil!! (Sub) Episode 1
This was funny. The whole slapstick comedy between Yurine and Jashin is pure comedy gold.

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 15
Aoi ends up back at square one, and is immediately targeted by the staff at Orio-ya. Pretty sure she'll cook her way out the mess she is in and into their stomachs/hearts.

Kinmoza! Pretty Days (Sub)
To much adorableness.

One Room Season 2 (Sub) Episode 1
Beach episode.

Phantom in the Twilight (Sub) Episode 1
Hmm, Interesting. The supernatural side of this has piqued my curiosity, let's see where this goes.

Back