Your viewing journal

From the past few days:
DARLING in the FRANXX (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
Yuri!!! on Ice: Yuri Plisetsky GPF in Barcelona EX - Welcome to The Madness (Japanese audio) - Special

Its the filler episodes near the end that annoyed me.
For me, it was just the zombie episode that seemed like a waste of time. That was the only one I didn't really like that much. I loved the rest.

Kill Me Baby eps 1–4 (rewatch)
I was struck with the sudden urge to start rewatching this, so I did. This gets 10/10 from me on MAL, by the way.

For me, it was just the zombie episode that seemed like a waste of time. That was the only one I didn't really like that much. I loved the rest..

You see I really liked it on my first watch, after that a handful of episodes in and it started seriously grating on me. I’ve tried it a couple times since and it has had the same kind of turn out for me, it grates on me very very much.

You see I really liked it on my first watch, after that a handful of episodes in and it started seriously grating on me.
I rebought it second-hand last year (MVM's original DVD release with the artbox and slimline cases), so that'll give me a good excuse to rewatch it. I give both Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo 9/10 on MAL. I might just give Champloo the edge, though. I'll see when I rewatch it, I guess.

What was it that grated for you, btw?

I rebought it second-hand last year (MVM's original DVD release with the artbox and slimline cases), so that'll give me a good excuse to rewatch it. I give both Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo 9/10 on MAL. I might just give Champloo the edge, though. I'll see when I rewatch it, I guess.

What was it that grated for you, btw?
I’m not sure I can’t really pinpoint it.

Also I am in the minority but couldn’t stand bebop.

Fusé: Memoirs of a Huntress
Solid enough film. Nice animation and music and some of the story was interesting, but overall the plot was a bit messy with stuff not explained. Maybe because it was based on a manga itself based on 19th century Japanese literature that the director expected some sort of previous knowledge on the part of the viewer or maybe it was just poor writing.

Chobits eps 5 & 6
Some hints that all will not be sunshine and rainbows.

I’m not sure I can’t really pinpoint it.

Also I am in the minority but couldn’t stand bebop.
I personally think Shinichiro Watanabe's best space anime involving episodic stories is Space Dandy. It's his best work imo which might be considered controversial but it's a masterpiece of great comedic anime. Of course Ian sinclair as Dandy is a big part of that, Funi's dub made it special.

I also feel that Bebop is a bit overrated. It's a great series but I feel like it could have used a better build up to the ending, especially the main antagonist who could have used more screentime.

I personally think Shinichiro Watanabe's best space anime involving episodic stories is Space Dandy. It's his best work imo which might be considered controversial but it's a masterpiece of great comedic anime. Of course Ian sinclair as Dandy is a big part of that, Funi's dub made it special.

I also feel that Bebop is a bit overrated. It's a great series but I feel like it could have used a better build up to the ending, especially the main antagonist who could have used more screentime.
I’ve never watched dandy, baby! Have the first CE part, just need to get the second to watch it.

I feel like it could have used a better build up to the ending, especially the main antagonist who could have used more screentime
Yeah, I totally agree with that.
I personally think Shinichiro Watanabe's best space anime involving episodic stories is Space Dandy.
I like Space Dandy. For me, season 2 derailed things somewhat, though. Some of the more experimental stuff felt like they were the offcuts that didn't make season 1. I've only seen the show once so far, mind.

I do really like the unexpected turn with Bea. I didn't see that coming!

Yeah, I totally agree with that.

I like Space Dandy. For me, season 2 derailed things somewhat, though. Some of the more experimental stuff felt like they were the offcuts that didn't make season 1. I've only seen the show once so far, mind.

I do really like the unexpected turn with Bea. I didn't see that coming!
Yeah the first time I watched SD the more experimental episodes were my least favourite but upon repeat viewing they really grew on me. You could tell the animators and writers were given free rein to try just about anything. My personal fav from season 2 is the one where Dandy and Scarlet have to pretend to be a couple, the soundtrack in that episode is phenonemal.

Back