The General Conversation Area

I was talking about our broken, broken English and how similar they may be between North and South. One of our famous ones here, well two if I'm cheeky, is mewling and variations of ova bye yer

Ah right, gotcha. I must admit, I think it's more of a Southern thing; I can't really think of anything that's uniquely Northern regarding those kinds of things...I can almost hear "ova bye yer" being spoken by my Aunt who is a Caerphilly native!

Also, I badly wanted a Gameboy colour, but could never afford one. I had the original brick, which I think was a hand-me-down from my uncle...but it was awesome all the same!

Ah right, gotcha. I must admit, I think it's more of a Southern thing; I can't really think of anything that's uniquely Northern regarding those kinds of things...I can almost hear "ova bye yer" being spoken by my Aunt who is a Caerphilly native!
Well I do know one thing, if you watch family guy or the Simpsons they will have a British, English character saying bugger, which is sodomy to the rest of the world but here in the valleys it's a softer F word. No meaning beyond that, the 'mericans have given the English our word!

I skipped the original then got stuck with the colour for an age and a half. Got to admit I preferred Pokemon on the colour and advance!

We did actually have one of those cartridge things that you could connect to the controller of the N64 (with the game inserted), and play Pokemon on your T.V - it was a truly awesome thing!

Well I do know one thing, if you watch family guy or the Simpsons they will have a British, English character saying bugger, which is sodomy to the rest of the world but here in the valleys it's a softer F word. No meaning beyond that, the 'mericans have given the English our word!

Ah, I don't watch either of those shows, though I must admit, I've never really heard a Southern Welsh person say "bugger", or if I have I've not paid much attention. I think the Scots are the best at saying that one though...then again, lots of curse words sound funny with a Scottish accent...

You can say that again. I thought I was badass back in the day for doing that. And getting my dad to do that. Heh, those were the times.

I would literally spend hours on it, it was awesome :) And my Sister had Poke Red (I had Blue), so we could trade as well!

Back