US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

To love Ru the complete series (that 9 disc set) seems to be region B friendly. Not watched any of the episodes yet, but I'm able to accsess the main menue on all the discs.

No bypass either, just by putting them into the BD player.

Well most Sentai Blu-rays since 2015 are geo-locked so they'll work on any games console and most Blu-ray players in general.

On this thread (via the first post) we do have a region checker for the Blu-rays if you have a PC with a disc drive (I don't know if BDs can work on CD/DVD Drives to check the file though). It's thanks to that region checker we were able to tell if a Sentai title is geo-locked or simply A|B regions.

• Chivalry of a Failed Knight Can u Play in on regio b Ps4 ??
It has already been confirmed geo locked. So yes it will work on a ps4
Chivalry of a Failed Knight has also been released on blu ray in Australia

Edit: If you check page 1 it will give a list of all the titles that have been confirmed.

Last edited:
If Lord Marksman and Vanadis is not region B, why not stick it up for sale in the market place?

I'm a bit confused by this. I'm pretty sure it's UK compatible otherwise I would have adjusted the list years ago. Heck even the UK Blu-rays are Region A compatible (and that only happens if the US disc was A|B compatible).

EDIT: I did some additional research and while Anime Blu-ray UK did list it as A|B, there was a user who commented a few months ago that said the Blu-ray isn't UK compatible. The DVDs might be though (and if it is it will remain on the list as a A|1|2|4 title).

Its says blu-ray plays only on Region A players i have the Ltd

I see. Well just to double check before I edit the list, have you tested both Blu-ray discs and also the DVD discs? I only mention it because there were two shows in the past that had 1 disc region locked and the rest were fine (Aesthetica and Aria the Scarlet Ammo).

From what I've read on the Fandom Post forums, this is probably a first for Aniplex of America if this information is correct.

Apparently, the Kiznaiver BDs from Crunchiplex (Crunchyroll and Aniplex of America) are region locked to Region A.

Reason for saying this like that is because the user who said this on the FP forums stated that the playback doesn't even start (not even a region lock message) when playing on a Region B player.

If it is region locked, then it might be because AoA might start region locking discs to Region A, or maybe it could be Crunchyroll's doing.

Either way, I wouldn't list it yet until someone else confirms the status (as normally, AoA BDs are Region Free).

From what I've read on the Fandom Post forums, this is probably a first for Aniplex of America if this information is correct.

Apparently, the Kiznaiver BDs from Crunchiplex (Crunchyroll and Aniplex of America) are region locked to Region A.

Reason for saying this like that is because the user who said this on the FP forums stated that the playback doesn't even start (not even a region lock message) when playing on a Region B player.

If it is region locked, then it might be because AoA might start region locking discs to Region A, or maybe it could be Crunchyroll's doing.

Either way, I wouldn't list it yet until someone else confirms the status (as normally, AoA BDs are Region Free).

Well this is certainly interesting. I'm going to assume it's Crunchyroll's doing rather than Aniplex of America so I'll consider this as a one-off title. Plus Anime Limited have the rights so we already got a backup (and probably a better release) just in case.

Some new updates to the list the following worked on my PS4:
Funi:
Trickster Part 1 (both Blu-ray & DVD worked)

Sentai:
Amagami SS & SS+ | Complete Collection
Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace
Chaika -The Coffin Princess-
Cobra the Animation
Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon | Collections 1-2

Some that didn't work on my PS4:
Bodacious Space Pirates - The Bypass method might work for this one but couldn't figure out how to do it on the PS4
Love Live Sunshine

Back