Blu-Ray.com is perhaps the nicest way to keep track of your collection

Blaize

Hunter
So I've read reviews and such on Blu-ray.com for years but only just recently decided to use it's collection tracking feature and I have to say amongst the options available online this is by far the best way to keep track of your collection. I love how nicely the collection can be presented and the customized sorting options available is also really great. It's incredibly simple to use also.

It's also really easy to add stuff thats missing from the database, taking a matter of minutes for each entry once you know what your doing. The approval for each entry can be abit slow, taking normally between 4-48 hours. But most stuff is already in the database for Anime Blu Rays and DVDs. I've had to add my fair share of stuff since I have a large collection and UK releases might be abit thin but again once you know what your doing it's really easy to add stuff.

Anyway here is my collections: Blu Ray - DVD

I know a good few of you on here frequent the site and already use the collection feature but still I thought I'd share because it really is great imo and more people should try it out.

I like how you've categorised them all, must of taken ages! Your collection isn't bad either. :cool:

Mine is very basic. Just Anime, Anime Films, Films and Tv Series.

Mine is also super basic: just Anime first, and then not-anime. :p

While BD.com is good for BD collections, it's decidedly less good for DVD. Their DVD database is by no means comprehensive, and even just adding my own meagre DVD collection, there were plenty of releases they didn't have. Whilst I do have the ability to submit new releases to their database (an ability you're granted after a certain amount of posts on their forums, IIRC), submitting new entries is pretty tedious, and then you have to wait for them to be approved.

Mine is also super basic: just Anime first, and then not-anime. :p

While BD.com is good for BD collections, it's decidedly less good for DVD. Their DVD database is by no means comprehensive, and even just adding my own meagre DVD collection, there were plenty of releases they didn't have. Whilst I do have the ability to submit new releases to their database (an ability you're granted after a certain amount of posts on their forums, IIRC), submitting new entries is pretty tedious, and then you have to wait for them to be approved.

Idk i mean like i said in my post once you know what your doing its incredibly easy to add new titles and releases. Ive added a buttload so far haha

Easy, aye, but still a little tedious. It's more that I'm just lazy and couldn't be bothered going through the process of adding all the DVDs that weren't in the database. :p

Easy, aye, but still a little tedious. It's more that I'm just lazy and couldn't be bothered going through the process of adding all the DVDs that weren't in the database. :p

Well if there any anime DVDs you would like me to add I can do it for you if you want?

I've used the blu-ray.com Collection feature for years, originally for my regular Blu-ray movie collection. Then, when I started collecting anime 5 years ago, I pretty much stopped buying live-action movies altogether, except for the one movie per month I show at my Monthly Movie Nights to guests in my theater. So, I decided to remove all the non-anime titles from my Collection list, and just use it for anime. I've been using DVD Profiler software on my computer for live action movies anyway.

Unfortunately, I haven't updated my Collection list on blu-ray.com since July of 2016, so I have probably around 200 anime titles to add to my collection now... :eek: I do want to get it updated very soon, and now that winter is setting in, I'll have more time while pent-up inside the house to work on it.

A lot of us also maintain our monthly/yearly anime purchases in a thread within the anime sub-forum on the site - it will help me make the transfer of titles I've purchased into the main Collection list fairly easy, since I haven't been diligent enough to add them to my Collection as I go, lol... The 2017 Anime Purchase thread is here (I hope links to other anime forums are ok on this forum?):

List your Monthly Anime Purchases for 2017 - Blu-ray Forum

I'll soon be starting the 2018 thread in another week or two.

Last edited:
Cheers for reminding about that. I had started a few months ago but never really got too far with it. Even adding a few titles I find I have way more than I thought I had heh.

A quick question to those who add stuff to the database. Is this Englisch language releases only? Like if I were to want to add French and German (and one Italian) ones, that work, too?

A quick question to those who add stuff to the database. Is this Englisch language releases only? Like if I were to want to add French and German (and one Italian) ones, that work, too?
IMG_1051.PNG
Here's the list of countries on the database.

I really love the collection tracker on this site too. The way it shows all the jacket art in your collection is pretty cool. Only thing is though even using the menu pictured I still quite often find UK discs missing from the database so nowhere near my whole collection is on there. A lot of older R1 US DVDs seem to be missing as well like old CPM stuff.

Back