Your viewing journal

Ep 14 of Shoukoku no Altair...i do like the political intrigue in this
Ep 2 of Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond...another thrilling ride
Ep 2 of The Ancient Magus Bride...clearly a work of fiction...London isn't busy and the trains are running

No-Rin (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4

I can see now why a lot of people are put off by this show. Like I really like the concept, the characters, the cultural references and these few episodes so far. The issue here really lies with the humour. Like I'm fine with quite a fair bit (like calling the pink-haired girl 'boobs' because she has a large chest, the MC hiding inside his body pillow because of the shock of the idol girl retiring, and the main two girls brawling out in a match using bikini armour) but the other parts aren't my cup of tea (there's definitely a lot of focus on underwear which I bet is what put people off this show a lot).

I don't drop shows (like the only show I actually dropped was Hetalia) and I'll keep watching No-Rin. In terms of rating it's currently looking at either a 6-7/10 so far.

Episode 2 of A sister is all you need

All I can really say is both Eromanga and Oreimo are better, I'll give it a few more episodes

-------

Going to start a rewatch of Koi Kaze

MHA S2 complete.
Not an exciting way to end really, last episode would have been a better ending point imo.

Classroom of the Elite complete.
Pacing for all the world indicated it was gonna be 2 cours, in hindsight some earlier stuff feels too dragged on and pointless that said this ended the mini Island arc well and showcased MC true colours. Better tease for another season than MHA let on.

Up next:
Hyouka 19-23.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan Ep 14-16
These episodes were less of a nod to the original, but more like a full on rewrite of some of the events in season 2, but in this universe. With added in will they won't they bits surrounding Nagato and Kyon. And with that half hearted confession from Kyon we're still left wandering if they're together or not at the end?
It had its moments, but overall I was left disappointed.

31 Days of Halloween Day 15: Saw IV (2007, Darren Lynn Bouseman) Even with the lead killer dead the story continues. I always liked how the events of the different films were occurring at the same time, it comes together nicely, though some could see it as convoluted.

When they Cry Kai
episodes 14-24 (Complete. This was a great follow up that filled in the gaps with the story and expanded upon the worlds' mythology, whilst drawing parallels to the original series and showing how things could be changed for the better. The longer arcs here allowed for the narrative to really develop, and the overall atmosphere and tension throughout has been improved. I loved how the finale came together, tying up loose ends in the process.

I honestly enjoyed this more than the first season since it allowed the cast to develop and bond for longer and didn't have them trying to kill each other but instead unite to fix the problems left over from other resets. The first half of the "Mass Slaughter" arc did this especially well, and was downright heartbreaking to watch at times.

My biggest issue is the post-credits ending, and that the main antagonist Takano, despite having a tragic backstory, just annoyed the hell out of me (Especially her smug voice).
After all the crap she pulled in the "Mass Slaughter" arc and shooting all the MCs in the forest, a happy ending wasn't what she deserved at all. She was the source of suffering for most of the arcs, and seeing her just get forgiven is total bullsh*t. It fits the tone of the series and all the forgiveness and changing the past for the sake of the future, but I personally couldn't get behind it.

Overall this was a great series, though with a pretty underwhelming final scene and main antagonist. I'd certainly recommend watching this and WTC back to back, since they're really companion pieces.) 4/5

A Certain Magical Index II episodes 1-7 Who knew the Church could be so corrupt...

Last edited:
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12 (Complete)
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb: The Rikka Wars (Japanese audio) - OVA
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb Lite (Japanese audio) - ONA Episodes 1-6 (Complete)

Fireworks (2017)
Venus Wars (1989)

Don't like to say too much about these as I suspect an SLA roundup podcast may be upcoming, but I do appreciate the little artcards AL are distributing at each film this year. It's nice to have something to take away.

Back