Pokemon OT: For all your Pokemon needs

Rena Ryuugu

Oyashiro-Sama
Decided to make this thread again as it would be nice to talk about everything Pokemon related and keep everyone up to date with event Pokemon.

Current Event Pokemon:

Munchlax - Wi-Fi event for Sun and Moon only, starts 23rd November and ends January 11th
Happy Hour Meowth - Use the code HAPPY to get a Meowth with the special move Happy Hour. Available now, no end date given yet.

Upcoming Event Pokemon:

Upcoming Games

Pokemon Sun and Moon - Release date: 23rd of November for EU, 18th of November for US

Last edited:
This may interest anyone who's been following the Sun & Moon news: Nintendo's gamescom 2016 plans: Pokemon live gameplay, Paper Mario, Splatoon, more - Nintendo Everything

The biggest highlight is probably a live gameplay demonstration of Pokemon Sun & Moon by Game Freak’s Shigeki Morimoto. This will only be the second ever live gameplay of Sun & Moon, after its initial demonstration at E3 in June. The gameplay demonstration will be streamed live on Nintendo’s German Twitch channel this Thursday, August 18th, at 17:00 CEST.

I'm curious if we'll see any new features or Pokemon during the stream, but even if it's just more of the same from E3 then I'll still happily tune in. Ignoring the fact that the lack of a definitive Kalos-based game left me a bit disappointed with Gen VI, I've not been this excited for the launch of a new Pokemon generation in years. :)

At the very least, the chance of us seeing a new Pokemon or two at the World Championships is quite high, so I'm looking forward to this weekend, too.

Last edited:
I'm really excited for Sun and Moon, I love a lot of the new Pokemon and some of the new formes.

Me too! Which are your favourites thus far? ^^

I'm finding that I really like all three of the new starters, as well as Tapu Koko, Wishiwashi's school form (adore that thing), Grubbin's line, Salandit, Rockruff, Pikipek and Mimikyu. Many of the other brand new Pokemon are quite cool too, mind - particularly Lunala, which has likely swayed me into playing through Moon first. I'm also quite fond of all of the Alolan forms (even silly Exeggutor). Alolan Raichu and Marowak are very, very likely to be part of my first run through team for purely biased reasons.

As of now, Rowlet is likely my first pick out of the starters. The rumored final form looks very neat so I'd not mind whatsoever if it turned out to be real.

Me too! Which are your favourites thus far? ^^

I'm finding that I really like all three of the new starters, as well as Tapu Koko, Wishiwashi's school form (adore that thing), Grubbin's line, Salandit, Rockruff, Pikipek and Mimikyu. Many of the other brand new Pokemon are quite cool too, mind - particularly Lunala, which has likely swayed me into playing through Moon first. I'm also quite fond of all of the Alolan forms (even silly Exeggutor). Alolan Raichu and Marowak are very, very likely to be part of my first run through team for purely biased reasons.

As of now, Rowlet is likely my first pick out of the starters. The rumored final form looks very neat so I'd not mind whatsoever if it turned out to be real.

Out of the starters Rowlet, just so adorable <3 I love Pikipek, Oricorio, Bewear, Mimikyu and Cutiefly. And I like all the new Alolan formes.

Shoot! The Arceus code has completely slipped my mind, I was in Wrexham yesterday so I could have picked it up from GAME when I was there too!

Crisis averted, managed to get one from GAME Hamleys yesterday.

Bewear could very well be on my team come the games launch, will probably have to add some of the new Alolan formes too.

The latest Japanese Sun & Moon trailer is kinda glorious. The hype is so real. I could virtually not read/see another piece of news between now and November and still be crazy excited to play these games.

Would people here be interested in WiFi battles? Maybe we could make it into some sort of friendly AUKN competition winner gets 3 points and we play until it gets stale ?

Pokémon Sun and Moon Special Demo Version is out now. Anybody had a chance to look at it Yet? I've not had the chance yet but I'll definitely be playing it once I have access to my 3DS!

I played some of the demo earlier today, I have to say the game looks beautiful and I love the changes to the Pokemon information screen as well as the new battle menu.

From what I've seen Alola looks really nice, can't wait to explore it further. Also, some of the new Alola Forms look glorious!

I've just finished downloading the demo now.

Back