Your viewing journal

Lord of Lords Ryu Knight - Episodes 21 - 28

Still going strong.

New Dream Hunter Rem - Episodes 1 (+Ep1 Special) & 2 [Final]

There was lots I liked about these episodes of Rem and it closed the overall story out (even if the main antagonist died a little too easily) and it looked very nice to boot but I feel the story lacked the punch of the original OVA.

Bang Brave Bang Bravern - Episode 11

Another really good episode and I loved the mecha designs in this episode, plus I did smile at the nods to Mobile Suit Gundam.

Helluva Boss Season 2 Episodes 3-4 - With friend B, still really enjoying this, poor Stolas I hope he recovers :(

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episode 20 (REWATCH) - With friend B also, this episode was decidedly unsettling, excellent as always and I like how the series will do stuff like this even so close to the bigg heccin season finale, I did appreciate the inclusion of a sympathetic fat female character as well :)

Fate/Zero Episodes 1-4 (REWATCH, English dubbed) - I like the complexity of the characters and plotting, have only seen this once before subbed years ago, feels good to revisit it even though I did admittedly pause at certain points where I was upset by the content to take a breather (Waver is my favourite) :)

Exosquad Season 2 Episodes 1-19 - I can't believe it's taken me so long to get around to S2 of this show but it's phenomenally well written and I can't wait to see what happens next :)

Silver Spoon Season 1 Episodes 9-11 COMPLETE) (English subbed) - Another great SOL series, really looking forward to Season 2! :)

Barakamon Episodes 10-12 COMPLETE (REWATCH, English subbed) - Was a delight to revisit this long-standing favourite, such a fun series and so cute and funny I love Naru so much, def one of the absolute pinnacles of SOL :)

EDIT: I accidentally put Barakamon down as watched dubbed but the sub is better and I always watch it subbed :)

Last edited:
Delicious in Dungeon ep12

Frieren ep26-28

Pretty much just echoing the same sentiment as other folk - this is one of the most consistently good series I‘ve seen in a very long time, even if the last arc felt a little more ordinary than what came before it. If I was being particularly fussy, I’m not the biggest fan of its character art (that might be partly why I put off starting it for so long), but otherwise it was pitch perfect from beginning to end. It’s also a relief to see that a fantasy series can become a popular success without having to be isekai…

Ranma 1/2 episodes 147-161: And finally in the last two episodes we get the "mother arc". Won't spoil the surprise for anyone else planning on taking the journey. Just the OVAs and movies set to go and I can start looking at all the extras.

‘Tis Time for “Torture”, Princess episode 12 Skate. (Complete. Though humorous and easygoing the premise’ gimmicks did get a bit repetitive towards the end. I’m curious if the confirmed second season can shake things up in this regard.) 3/5

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2
episode 24 Coexistence.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam episodes 29-42

The Demon Sword Master of Excalibur Academy (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
Episode 12 (Complete)

The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil Episode 12 (Complete)

Tis Time for "Torture," Princess Episode 12 (Complete)

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 24

Kakegurui season 2, episodes 1-12
New bunch of characters introduced for a season wide arc which didn't get resolved with an overall 'election' winner

Reminded me a bit of Tokyo Underground in having a bit of a non ending.

Exosquad Season 2 Episodes 20-39 COMPLETE - God this show is just so good! It has interesting things to say about war and prejudice, a compelling plot and an excellent ensemble cast. I'm sad more people don't know about it! :)

Disenchantment Season 4 COMPLETE - Very good though a bit darker with less levity than Groening's other shows, will be watching the fifth season (which is the last one) soon :)

Silver Spoon Season 2 Episode 1 - On to S2! Just on Ep 2 now what a cute dog! :)

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes Season 1 Episodes 32-36 - A delight, def one of my fave CN shows, full of warmth, sweetness, cool action sequences and lush bright colours :)

Classroom of the Elite III episode 13 Taller. (Complete. Another strong season and I’m intrigued to see where the story will progress from here.) 4/5

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp
episode 12 Discovery. (Complete. I quite enjoyed this overall, though the titular lamp never did appear.) 3.5/5

Metallic Rouge
episode 12 Hole.

Sengoku Youko episode 12 Bloodied bandages.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny episodes 9-20

Doctor Elise: The Royal Lady with the Lamp Episode 12 (Complete. An enjoyable outing for which I would welcome another season.) 3.5/5

Gushing over Magical Girls (Uncensored)
Episode 13 Beach episode. (Complete. A magical girl series that pushes the broadcastable boundaries with it's fanservice.) 3.5/5

Metallic Rouge
Episode 11

Sengoku Youko Episode 12

Galaxy Angel AA complete series: a lot of the shows are entertaining but quickly forgotten. There were some stand-outs, including the one where Mint turned into a tree and the dried fish western. Distracting but little in the way of character development.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor Complete
As much as the spelling of his name bugs me, I adore this series. I was worried it might start to drag after a the midsection but, it was refreshing that the military conflict was resolved with a bunch of episodes to go and it allowed the ending to breath over several episodes. I’m not one for anime opening or credit songs, don’t kill me, just not my thing. However, I pretty much played them through every time as these were bangers. Definitely would love to get my karaoke on to these. 💕

Sand Land 1st season (or first 6 episodes, it’s weird on Disney) complete
I thought I’d dislike the 3D animation and it really grew on me quickly. While not as charming to me as more classic styles, I found the stylisation a lot less jarring when the whole show looked this way. I found the story really charming (I’ve not read the manga) and it had a lot of the elements I enjoyed about early Dragonball. I’ll wait for some more episodes to be released before continuing but I look forward to them. 🌵

On-Gaku: Our Sound Film
I’m still waiting for my copy of this to arrive, but I got impatient and watched a stream (not what I like to do, but having already spent the cash for it, I justified it to myself). Yes, yes, yes! The film was amazing. If you’re into music, this is for you. If you’re into slacker films, this is for you. It had me laughing, I was excited for the climax, I was loving the “plain” animation style mixed with the “crazy” kinetic styles. Brilliant film, I wish there was more stuff out there like this (I welcome recommendations). 💕

Back