Your viewing journal

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Stuart said:
Started on YuYu Hakusho a few days ago. I've watched the first ten or so episodes and so far it's been very enjoyable stuff. Just good, simple, uncomplicated fun, with bright, lively animation and plenty of action. It may not be the most innovative, or original, series I've ever seen, but when you just want to switch off and have some fun it's the perfect choice.
It gets a lot more intense as the storyline goes on and some of the events are even a little gruesome! It's one of my favourite shounen fight anime of all time, along with One Piece and Hunter x Hunter ^__^
I don't recommend you bother with the 1st movie, as it's more like an extra episode, but the 2nd movie is fantastic. The storyline is great and the animation quality is quite amazing when you consider the age of it. If you want to watch the 2nd movie, you need to wait until the Dark Tournament has finished, otherwise you might wonder where their powers etc have come from!!

Tried out G Gundam last night, but I don't think I was in the right frame of mind at the time and only watched the first 2 episodes. I think it's going to be a couple of episodes at a time kind of thing - or at least until I can get into it!
Betterman was better and I watched the first 3 episodes of that. Nice and different character designs, at least it makes a change from the same-o same-o looking characters I keep seeing everywhere!!

Thanks to Necromancer I was able to watch the predecessor of One Piece OVA and the 1st movie yesterday. The OVA was bloody awful - never seen Zoro look so small and old before - didn't like the seiyuu and it was too rushed. The 1st movie was great, but more like a 2 episode special than a movie.

Also watched 5 more episodes of Betterman, which I'm really enjoying ^__^

Today I watched Naruto ep 208, One Piece eps 82-91 (Drum Island Arc being my fave so far :)), Cresent Love ep 5 and Death Note ep 5.

Edit: Today I watched One Piece eps 92-102 & movie 2, Welcome to the NHK ep 17 and Bartender ep 2.

Finished watching Betterman last night. It's a pretty decent anime overall, although the subject matter ended up being a little weird at the end.

Also watched the 4th One Piece movie - major WOW! factor stuff ^__^

Jimi-Jam said:
Watched <b>Howl's Moving Castle</b> last night - whilst i felt a little let down by the sappy live-happily-ever-after style ending, it was quite simply a sumptuous delight to watch - wonderfully imaginative stuff as you might expect from Ghibli

Was slightly suprised upon reading the dvd cover that its based on a novel by a Welsh author - who would of thought!

thats a good film especially the art work

I watched Only Yesterday, it was a bit of a let down because i felt it went on forever, and it didn't have a dub soundtrack. But it was still a fairly nice film, i ended up being really sad though after it, thinking back about my childhood

Charter_Mage said:
I watched Only Yesterday, it was a bit of a let down because i felt it went on forever, and it didn't have a dub soundtrack. But it was still a fairly nice film, i ended up being really sad though after it, thinking back about my childhood

i get that with alot of anime

Today I watched One Piece eps 103-111, Saiunkoku Monogatari ep 20, Code Geass ep 4, Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto ep 3, Shounen Onmyouji ep 2 and Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn ep 1.

Today I watched Tsubasa Chronicle eps 50&51, Nana ep 26&27, Otogi Jushi Akazukin ep 15, Le Chevalier D'Eon ep 9, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge ep 5, Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi ep 3 and Soukou no Strain (S-Strain) eps 1&2.

Charter_Mage - I watched Only Yesterday a little while ago, I agree it did drag, but I think its saving grace were the last 30 seconds where the kids pop out of nowhere and help her get off that train, so she could go and live the life she really wants to live. I thought that was really brave. Something from Kamikaze Girls springs to mind: "In the face of great happiness, most people are cowards." The film made me want to not have regrets....

I'm watching Paradise Kiss at the moment. It's a very sexy series!

I think that sums it up nicely! :D

M.g xx

Manga Girls said:
Charter_Mage - I watched Only Yesterday a little while ago, I agree it did drag, but I think its saving grace were the last 30 seconds where the kids pop out of nowhere and help her get off that train, so she could go and live the life she really wants to live.
I think thats what saved it for me too, if she had just stayed on that train i wouldn't have liked it, but i think it sufficiently gave it enough of a feel good feeling to make it enjoyable

Rukario said:
One Piece 284 RAW, the new intro is really crappy, bring back Brand New World.
The new intro wasn't that bad - I quite like Tackey & Tsubasa :D
I would have prefered a little more continuation of the storyline, as there was more than 10 minutes of recap, 3 minutes of theme tunes, leaving not an awful lot of time for the actual story - what Franky did was pretty cool though ^__^

Franky does a lot more later on. Burning the Pluton documents is just the warm up to his awesomeness.

The song was good, but it didn't even have any good feel, I mean Brand New World stuck to the current events well and was a real good song. Since Crazy Rainbow is a spoiler free intro and is 2 minutes and 30 seconds long. o_o Also, lmao @ them re-using the animation for Nico Robin from Brand New World at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back