Yaoi License Announcements

I would have loved a rescue of Junjo Romantica, since it was never finished when Tokyopops Blu label ceased to exist.
I've managed to keep up with the French edition - although the publishers have recently gone from being Kaze to Crunchyroll which has caused a few upsets and delays. The German edition is currently ahead of the French, having brought out #27 in November - so if German works for you, their manga is wonderfully affordable (as is the French at c. £6.50 ish) compared to the US! But I suspect that no US publisher will pick up Junjo now because there are so many volumes to cover, even in a 2-in-1 omnibus edition. But there again, never say never...

I've managed to keep up with the French edition - although the publishers have recently gone from being Kaze to Crunchyroll which has caused a few upsets and delays. The German edition is currently ahead of the French, having brought out #27 in November - so if German works for you, their manga is wonderfully affordable (as is the French at c. £6.50 ish) compared to the US! But I suspect that no US publisher will pick up Junjo now because there are so many volumes to cover, even in a 2-in-1 omnibus edition. But there again, never say never...
Unfortunately I can't read German (or other languages). Wish I could but I just don't think my brain is built to learn other languages.

Unfortunately I can't read German (or other languages). Wish I could but I just don't think my brain is built to learn other languages.
I hope that a handheld scanner/app that can translate other languages in graphic novels etc. into English will become 'a thing' one of these days, even it's not available yet (and maybe it is?)

Some new licenses from Animate. Love the “That Time I Got Reincarnated into a BL Manga” name 🤣

Very fast license for the Breathless Momentum spin-off, that only just started / finished up on Pixiv recently. The main series must be doing well for them tho as they’ve gone quite all in on licensing the mangaka’s work.

Very fast license for the Breathless Momentum spin-off, that only just started / finished up on Pixiv recently. The main series must be doing well for them tho as they’ve gone quite all in on licensing the mangaka’s work.
I hope this means they'll bring Breathless Momentum out in print form (although it's not entirely clear yet how easy it will be for us readers outside the US to get hold of their new print versions yet...)

I hope this means they'll bring Breathless Momentum out in print form (although it's not entirely clear yet how easy it will be for us readers outside the US to get hold of their new print versions yet...)

Same, I'd definitely like to own that in print (having just been reading the Japanese pixiv releases so far). I've not bought anything from Animate in general yet due to it being largely digital only and for awhile not available on Bookwalker, so certainly a lot there I'll pick up if they transition more to print and it is accessible here.

Bought Atami-kun and This Wolf Is Not Scary relatively recently in Japanese, I think Atami was in the This Manga is Sugoi top 10. 🙈Guess I am double-dipping down the road...

Hoping they'll continue to license This Wolf Is Not Scary's sequels, kinda surprised they've gone for it at all as it seems to be more explicit than their usual BL licenses so far.

Bought Atami-kun and This Wolf Is Not Scary relatively recently in Japanese, I think Atami was in the This Manga is Sugoi top 10. 🙈Guess I am double-dipping down the road...

Hoping they'll continue to license This Wolf Is Not Scary's sequels, kinda surprised they've gone for it at all as it seems to be more explicit than their usual BL licenses so far.
Now that we've caught up with Japan (almost) with Sasaki and Miyano (and spin-off) and I Cannot Reach You, I imagine they're casting around for new BL content and seeing what readers go for. (Interesting that Sasaki and Miyano did so well in their Top 5s of 2023). Seven Seas and Tokyopop have a wide range of BL titles so maybe they're trying to emulate them? I also wonder if we'll see more Thai titles...

Back