The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Hi,
Found this on Rarewaves.
It seems to be a song album starring Shirley Yeager and Lucchini from Strike Witches but I'm struggling to find out what songs.
From the show? From other shows?

Anyone able to help?
if you translate this page it should give you a good idea
there are 6 songs and 6 talking bits

5 Francesca & Charlotte[Edit]​

Francesca Lucchini (Chiwa Saito) & Charlotte E. Yeager (Ami Koshimizu )'s studio album
『Strike Witches Hidden Song Collection 5 Francesca Lucchini & Charlotte E. Yeager』
releaseApril 15, 2009
recording2009Japan
japanese flag
GenreJ-POP
(character song)
time35 minutes 27 seconds
labelcolumbia music entertainment
View template
Sung by Francesca Lucchini (Chiwa Saito) and Charlotte E. Yeager ( Ami Koshimizu). Released on April 15, 2009.

"Moonlight Serenade" included in the third track (TRACK 5) isThis is a . of the orchestra's signature song composed by Glenn Miller cover

1. Secret song talk 1 [1:35]
  2. Bookmark a Head[4:05]
    • Lyrics: Tadano Tsutomu
    • Composition/Arrangement: Yukari Hashimoto
    • Singer: Charlotte E. Yeager (Ami Koshimizu)
  3. Secret song talk 2 [1:41]
  4. Sleeping Beauty Waltz[4:23]
    • Lyrics: Junsuke Tsuji
    • Composer/Arrangement: Kenichiro Suehiro
    • Singer: Francesca Lucchini (Chiwa Saito)
  5. Secret song talk 3 [2:06]
  6. Moonlight Serenade[4:25]
  7. Secret song talk 4 [2:22]
  8. No One Knows M[4:09]
    • Composition/Arrangement: Ruka Kawada
  9. Secret song talk 5 [0:24]
  10. Bookmark a Head[4:05]
  11. Secret song talk 6 [1:55]
  12. Guilty Optimists[4:16]

if you translate this page it should give you a good idea
there are 6 songs and 6 talking bits

5 Francesca & Charlotte[Edit]​

『Strike Witches Hidden Song Collection 5 Francesca Lucchini & Charlotte E. Yeager』
Francesca Lucchini (Chiwa Saito) & Charlotte E. Yeager (Ami Koshimizu )'s studio album
releaseApril 15, 2009
recording2009Japan
japanese flag
GenreJ-POP
(character song)
time35 minutes 27 seconds
labelcolumbia music entertainment
View template
Sung by Francesca Lucchini (Chiwa Saito) and Charlotte E. Yeager ( Ami Koshimizu). Released on April 15, 2009.

"Moonlight Serenade" included in the third track (TRACK 5) isThis is a . of the orchestra's signature song composed by Glenn Miller cover

1. Secret song talk 1 [1:35]
  2. Bookmark a Head[4:05]
  3. Secret song talk 2 [1:41]
  4. Sleeping Beauty Waltz[4:23]
    • Composer/Arrangement: Kenichiro Suehiro
  5. Secret song talk 3 [2:06]
  6. Moonlight Serenade[4:25]
  7. Secret song talk 4 [2:22]
  8. No One Knows M[4:09]
    • Composition/Arrangement: Ruka Kawada
  9. Secret song talk 5 [0:24]
  10. Bookmark a Head[4:05]
  11. Secret song talk 6 [1:55]
  12. Guilty Optimists[4:16]
Thanks 😊

Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered but has anyone ordered direct from the Crunchyroll store to the UK yet? Am curious on the experience and whether it’s worth doing an order direct (Stackry is the alternative of course.)
So to follow up on this I tried to place an order around a week ago and it failed due to one item suddenly becoming unavailable, but the payment still went through as pending.

It took Crunchyroll roughly a week to reverse the charge, with their contact form being largely useless and their live chat only designed for the streaming side of the business. I do plan on placing an order again just to test shipping etc. but this wasn’t a good start. :(

I made another sentai order via stackry before the sale ended at the end of December. But they did a part dispatch (they left one item (Kanamemo) that was only $4 and look to be now Out of stock/OOP)

So im not sure when they will get stock back in (I'm pretty sure it was in stock when bought, but now said listing is no longer there so I'm guessing OOP now), so I was wondering about cancelling the one item that didn't get dispatched (as its didnt really cost very much, as shipping it (1 item worth $4) seprate via stackry would be rather exspensive for what it is and even combining with the other half may not be the most worth it either.)

But I do vaguley remember when I went through the Sentai Payment process there was a big warning in red of make sure everything is correct, as it final or something to that effect.

So I was wondering if anyone had tried to part cancel un-dispatched (or even part canceling for other reasons) items before from sentai? (but no worries if not I'll just have to send an email to investigate my options)
Or maybe how long it took for items too restock (obviously sentai will do it via a per item basis)?

But it is only $4 so its not the end of the world as I could always just leave it with Stackry (I think there is a month of holding items period) and could either combine it with another package or just let it expire and stackry eitehr sends it back to sender or dispose of it.

Last edited:
the other day I was daydreaming about running my own anime blu ray label. it would be like a boutique film label with beautiful boxart, a booklet with essays, interviews with staff, lots of extras and commentary tracks etc and of course curated by my own exquisite taste haha it would lose so much money

anyway, it got me wondering about the lack of any meaningful extras on your typical anime blu ray. there's usually a clean OP and ED but not much else. has anyone ever attempted to do any more than this, even in Japan? maybe back in the DVD days which I missed?

the only one I've come across is the Monogatari series having a commentary tracks from the voice actors in character, which is a genius idea.

the other day I was daydreaming about running my own anime blu ray label. it would be like a boutique film label with beautiful boxart, a booklet with essays, interviews with staff, lots of extras and commentary tracks etc and of course curated by my own exquisite taste haha it would lose so much money

anyway, it got me wondering about the lack of any meaningful extras on your typical anime blu ray. there's usually a clean OP and ED but not much else. has anyone ever attempted to do any more than this, even in Japan? maybe back in the DVD days which I missed?

the only one I've come across is the Monogatari series having a commentary tracks from the voice actors in character, which is a genius idea.
As far as I can tell, JP releases still get loads of extras.

Before Funimation became CR, they used to do English voice commentaries by default, and still do the occasional virtual voice actor panel. Having just got the Belle CE from AL with two BD bonus discs, they do still make new releases packed with video extras.

From back in the day and of the top of my head, the Burst Angel DVDs had hours of Bakuten Radio shows, Planetes and quite a few other Bandai Visual DVD releases came with Japanese audio commentaries…

Off the top of my head

Agent Aika
Lots of stuff to watch.
They've even put a live action short on the discs. It's low budget but fun.

Aika R-16 Virgin Mission
Again lots. Best is interviews with the main Japanese Cast.

Being older DVDs, these make it worse as they have TV adverts which give price and the goodies you get bundled in with the Japanese DVDs.
Anime figures.🥳

High School DxD New
Fun teaching class with the Japanese Cast. And even more ecchi shorts.

Let's see where there's more Japanese extras on UK/US discs.

Fruits Basket DVDs from MVM has interviews with cast and crew, and a few featurettes. (The US Blu-ray release from Funimation got them all on a fourth disc, but MVM ditched the fourth disc for their Blu-ray release)

Manga's Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex release has plenty of Japanese featurettes, both the original DVDs and the UK Blu-rays.

The Ninja Scroll TV Series DVDs from MVM has cast and crew interviews

Paranoia Agent DVD 1 has a 5 minute interview with Satoshi Kon which isn't on the recent MVM Blu-ray, but that has a twenty minute featurette with Kon and composer Susumu Hirasawa which wasn't on the DVDs. Both get Japanese audio commentaries.

Salaryman Kintaro from Artsmagic on DVD has Japanese interviews

The Gantz DVDs from MVM have cast and crew interviews

Le Portrait de Petite Cossette has a making of and a music video.

It's worth clicking on old reviews to check for extra features, as there are surpringly quite a few old discs, especially from the early Funimation, ADV, and Geneon days where they used to get extra Japanese content as standard. It's only comparatively recently, with the Crunchyroll conveyerbelt, and Sentai picking up leftovers, that Japanese extras are being ditched as a matter of course.

A few questions regarding credit card chargebacks for undelivered goods (this is unrelated to my recent issues with a stolen Anime Limited parcel, I'm asking on behalf of a friend who ordered something online with a credit card and has not received it and suspects they never will):

1. How long do you have to wait before you can claim a chargeback?

2. Is there a limit on the number of chargebacks you can do, or the amount of money you can chargeback?

3. Does it matter what country the business is located in or registered in?

4. Anything else you think I should know?

A few questions regarding credit card chargebacks for undelivered goods (this is unrelated to my recent issues with a stolen Anime Limited parcel, I'm asking on behalf of a friend who ordered something online with a credit card and has not received it and suspects they never will):

1. How long do you have to wait before you can claim a chargeback?

2. Is there a limit on the number of chargebacks you can do, or the amount of money you can chargeback?

3. Does it matter what country the business is located in or registered in?

4. Anything else you think I should know?
A few sites that might help.

So, did anyone else get an email saying that they could make a claim against AMC? It said I got it because I was subscribed to Hidive at one stage. Is it a scam?

It looks official but I just wanted to ask, did anyone else get it?

Update: I looked it up, it is legit but I reckon it's only open to people in the U.S. as it wouldn't take my details since I'm in Ireland.

Last edited:
Anyone ordered Manga from Waterstones, Foyles or Hive? If so, what was your experience?

Amazon has what I want, but it's listed as usually dispatched within 3 to 7 months. So I need to look elsewhere. These three have stock.

Hive does seem to be a bit cheaper.

I've ordered anime blu-ray from Hive.co.uk before, used to have some stock of the various older Manga blu-ray titles that were going OOP, also if you use hive they often have or at least had 5% (maybe 10) discounts codes on over a £10 spend.

But yeah they were pretty reasonable sent in cardboard A4/5 things I think most of the time. but sorry not grabbed any Manga from them so not sure how they'll pack (I would assume and A4/5 card thing if its just one Manga), dispatch was usually the odd day nothing unusally. but never had any problems but anime probably does a bit better in the mail than manga

Does anyone know if the US release of The Ultimate Aang & Korra Blu-ray Collection is region free?

I know there is a UK release, but the US version is cheaper.
I can investigate what the seprate edition of Avatar (9 disc set) and Korra (8 disc set) are as I have US edition of both but i'm guessing there older editions. I only bought them as I think they were region free and didnt come in the stupidly oversized cases that they did in the UK.
May use the same disc but havent really looked into it.
And I only really have a PS3 to test on so wouldn't be able to say if its becasue of geolocking

EDIT: Both the older complete series work fine on my UK PS3 (other than the fact there is so much rubbish before I even get to access the menu screen)
Watching a quick unboxing of the ultimate set and it looks to just be an exact re-issue, as the bonus disc is in it own seprate media booklet

Last edited:
Hey, NFL season is over so I’m looking to fill my podcast listening time up with a few new podcasts. I’m a big fan of Mangasplaining and Pure Tokyscope podcasts. I’m looking for something in the same vein as those but focused on anime. Ideally with decent audio quality (I edit video and audio for work, so I’m overly sensitive to podcasts recorded on £10 microphones :s).

Ideally something which deep dives into classic and standout (no matter the release date) movies or shows rather than current streaming series. Nothing against current anime, I like it, but I want to hear about things I might have missed or things I’ve seen and enjoyed in the past.

This might be a big ask, it might not. No idea. But any pointers in that general direction are well appreciated. If it doesn’t fit the above, but has good sound, is entertaining and is anime related, let me know anyway. :D

Hey, NFL season is over so I’m looking to fill my podcast listening time up with a few new podcasts. I’m a big fan of Mangasplaining and Pure Tokyscope podcasts. I’m looking for something in the same vein as those but focused on anime. Ideally with decent audio quality (I edit video and audio for work, so I’m overly sensitive to podcasts recorded on £10 microphones :s).

Ideally something which deep dives into classic and standout (no matter the release date) movies or shows rather than current streaming series. Nothing against current anime, I like it, but I want to hear about things I might have missed or things I’ve seen and enjoyed in the past.

This might be a big ask, it might not. No idea. But any pointers in that general direction are well appreciated. If it doesn’t fit the above, but has good sound, is entertaining and is anime related, let me know anyway. :D

Have you tried Anime World Order? Sounds like it’d be exactly what you’re looking for.

Shoutout to the Retro Anime Podcast lads as well.

Back