Sony purchase Sky EPG slot

Letterman/Conan is a bit boring now. I'd rather have Fallon. He's not great at interviews, but his sketches and stuff is very entertaining. I'll allow you to have them, though. :p

Jayme said:
Ryu Shoji said:
When will they just let Friends die?
People, for some reason, periodically like to revisit the entire series in this country. It's utter madness.
Yup, I must have rewatched the whole thing at least twice since it finished. Still always makes me laugh.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Really? I never got what was so funny about it.
Objectively, its not amazing, but its an enjoyable show. The fact the cast gelled so well together makes it something special. It gets a bit worn towards the end (Joey/Rachel stuff is... ugh) but the beginning/middle is great and its mostly consistent. Also, this is from the last season or something, and it still makes me chuckle. It's a comfort show, comparable to actually spending time with friends, I suppose.

Stuart-says-yes said:
ilmaestro said:
Jayme said:
Ryu Shoji said:
People, for some reason, periodically like to revisit the entire series in this country. It's utter madness.
Yup, I must have rewatched the whole thing at least twice since it finished. Still always makes me laugh.

You weren't old enough maybe? I can't really explain it any other way.

Jayme said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
Objectively, its not amazing, but its an enjoyable show. The fact the cast gelled so well together makes it something special. It gets a bit worn towards the end (Joey/Rachel stuff is... ugh) but the beginning/middle is great and its mostly consistent. Also, this is from the last season or something, and it still makes me chuckle. It's a comfort show, comparable to actually spending time with friends, I suppose.
IMO, It's a show perfect for being on in the background when nothing else is on TV and you're doing something else.
Which is why I'm glad it's on Comedy Central :lol:

ilmaestro said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
ilmaestro said:
Jayme said:
Ryu Shoji said:

You weren't old enough maybe? I can't really explain it any other way.
I'm as old as Stu, and IIRC, I was too young to get it when it was on (Only thing I remember was the Finale being on just before the Premiere of a series of Big Brother), but It's been on so many times I'm pretty sure there's no-one who doesn't know of it's existence

EDIT: o_O.. keep tabs on this thread...http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11/33 ... st35140002

And oh how they repeat ben10 over and over and over again!!

The only good stuff is late at night when they show the old Dexter's lab, cow and chicken, PPG etc..

lol, sounds exactly like my bro. He also doesn't like violence in tv/films, so he goes back to play Black Ops.
Paradox295 said:
Which is why I'm glad it's on Comedy Central :lol:
Yeah, it'll be replacing some Two Men slots.

Project-2501 said:
And oh how they repeat ben10 over and over and over again!!

The only good stuff is late at night when they show the old Dexter's lab, cow and chicken, PPG etc..
That's the only good thing about CNUK. Cartoon Cartoons with no ads :D
Ryo Chan said:
Ben 10 isn't bad
Yeah, but they show it like, 10 times a day. They must get through the whole show in a fortnight :?

I want Animax all through the day i don't want it as a block they'll end up showing repeats as a block and probably just be able to fit 2 or 4 shows

I'd rather see a block for 3-4 hours with popular stuff like

7pm DBZ Kai
7.30 Naruto Shippuden
8pm One Piece
8.30 BLEACH
9pm FMA
9.30 Ghost in the Shell
etc.......

I could only see it working with popular shows, they'd probaly be a safe bet

King Jimmeh said:
And you think the solution to never having repeats is to have a full channel? That'll mean even more chance of repeats.
I think he's saying there will be repeats either way, but with a full channel there's more chance of having more non-repeats. Or something.

Either way, I can't imagine it being a great idea to run a channel full of anime, financially speaking.

Well if they put on Anime movies that'll be time consuming for them and they might not have enough time for any episodes and by movies they might be some people who don't like it and it will be a waste of slot for their programming so scrap that. especially if it's Anime block. i don't personally wanna watch Anime movies because they drag on and they take forever to finish and they take majority of the time slot for Anime.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... ?t=1376608
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/n ... -slot.html

this link has clearly said that film 24 is replacing AXN in early 2011. but i doubt they will have a block for Anime but they may have a seperate channel for Anime which is of course Animax coming soon to the U.K slowly but gradually because it's also coming to France, Italy and Poland written in wiki about europe mentioning United Kingdom plans because they just got the OfCOM license this year so it'll take time to get permissions from them to broadcast without any slip ups like Anime Central.

But when they release Anime Channel the most important thing they need to do is Advertise the Channel around U.K, like Disney XD did When they took over Jetix.

If AXN did have an Anime Block they won't be able to show it in the Morning because content like that may not be able to be shown tv in the morning, well it depends what they put on but there's restriction in Channels in showing rude or saucy programmes at that sort of time.

Animax has an OFCOM license because its broadcast FROM the UK TO places like Germany, Hungary etc.. It doesn't mean we're getting Animax here. Sony have had the OFCOM license since 2006 or so. The 'updated' date on the OFCOM site is meaningless as it updates every working day.

Andromeda, ER, The Collector, Fastlane, F/X: The Series, Highlander, Homicide: Life on the Street, Kidnapped, MacGyver, Michael Hayes, Mutant X, New York Undercover, Nash Bridges, Odyssey 5, Police Rescue, Quantum Leap, Relic Hunter, Criminal Minds, Sliders, Third Watch, The Shield, Ghost Whisperer, Fear Itself, Lost, FlashForward

These shows will be shown probably in AXN boredom wouldn't watch any of these apart from lost.

AXN will be the first channel they release and probably late or mid 2011 they release Animax Channel because it can come to Germany why can't it come to U.K. and they did say they are targeting U.K, France and Poland next after 2008.

johnrulz said:
and they did say they are targeting U.K, France and Poland next after 2008.

I forgot its still 2008 ;)

Germans seem to be a lot less pissy about their anime. They also get DVD releases sooner than us and they pay more for them. Hmm...

Back