Sony purchase Sky EPG slot

Project-2501 said:
Plus Sony broadcast AXN and Animax to Europe from the UK which is why they have OFCOM licenses.
Yeah, that still grinds my gears to think about how they're effectively using the UK as their base of operations but aren't putting out for us.

Where I'm from, that invites 2x4s to places where 2x4s don't partain to be applied to with speed.

Well, it would be nice to have a Anime Block rather than a channel. My complaint towards Anime Central at the time was the lack of variety and that everything came to an end quick that it really well, urked me. Guess that time, I should be watching other stuff than Anime Central.

When we think about it, we shouldn't be needing an Anime Channel. We should be needing an Anime Block on a channel. What killed Anime Central was that it focused too much on the anime side of things and didn't have enough licenses to keep itself sustained. And that's without going into how many fans whine about it [which includes me sadly]

But then. Some fans grow out of the whining stages and learn to accept it. Some don't.

Ammish said:
Well, it would be nice to have a Anime Block rather than a channel. My complaint towards Anime Central at the time was the lack of variety and that everything came to an end quick that it really well, urked me. Guess that time, I should be watching other stuff than Anime Central.

When we think about it, we shouldn't be needing an Anime Channel. We should be needing an Anime Block on a channel. What killed Anime Central was that it focused too much on the anime side of things and didn't have enough licenses to keep itself sustained. And that's without going into how many fans whine about it [which includes me sadly]

But then. Some fans grow out of the whining stages and learn to accept it. Some don't.

What killed anime central was incompetence, they should have had shows to turn around the old shows or at least rotate the lineup.

What we really need is a channel that isn't going to be pulled in all directions from Ofcom's draconian children's airing rules such that you could have Toonami level edits of the likes of One Piece and Naruto (Or maybe the problem is you need balls to air it in the first place, maybe that was Jetix's problem) happen without incident.

But sod it, Internet is our TV now.

Licenses cost money thus variety costs money and AC lacked money. I'd been given a glimpse of what they had planned for the channel, but by spring 2008 the higher ups at CSC had pretty much yanked the rug out.

They had plans for series like Haruhi and death note as well as showing anime and live action movies. Yay to kung fu movies! I've also been told that there were quite a few anime series on offer to AC but they didn't take them. They pretty much ran the series they'd secured before the launch and then killed it off.

True Entertainment now gets about 4-5x the viewing figures AC managed :(

Ammish, Animax show series at an even faster rate than AC did.

Ammish said:
Project-2501 said:
Ammish, Animax show series at an even faster rate than AC did.

Yeah. Hence why I don't want an anime channel, but an anime block.
Something like Syfy's Ani-Monday in the US would work really well here.

Maybe Saturdays 8pm-10pm when the rest of the nation is watching a crap reality show? :lol:

They tried it with The Anime Network a couple of years back, and was doing pretty well from what I heard. Only got cancelled cos the main core of ADV (the distro) were losing money, so ADV cut all their side-projects.

Back