Review: Amon Saga

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Ross Taylor has taken a look at Amon Saga, a 1980's OVA out now from Manga UK's budget "The Collection" line-up.<ul><span class="menu">"Whilst not terrible and certainly not unwatchable, Amon Saga nevertheless teeters on the knife edge of mediocrity. I could only recommend this to fans of 80s schlock anime or die hard followers of Yoshitaka Amano. Disappointing."</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=129">Read the full review.</a>

Amon saga is wierd in that it has the english and japanese soundtrack, which is really strange for a collection title.

It has dual soundtracks because unlike most other collection titles, it hadn't been released on video before DVDs came out, so they probably had both dub and sub rights.

And I think the review score is accurate. It is bad, but it doesn't deserve a 1! It has the odd moment of okay-ness, some decent character design like I mentioned, and if it got a lower score how would we rate utter dross like Vampire Wars and Psychic Wars?

Tip : never watch either of those.

I'm missing the board, hope to get a better PC soon!

Back