Halo 3 Launch Party

Nemphtis

Hunter
<div align="center">
galahalo.jpg
</div>

One of the gaming websites I write for have asked me to attend the Halo 3 launch party which is being held at the BFI IMAX theatre in London. The party is not open to the public, except for the lucky two hundred people who won some kind of competition, don't know the details about that though. I just got an email from my editor saying my name has been confirmed on the guest list, so I shouldn't have any problems when I get there today. Anyway, the point of this topic is if anyone here has anything they want me to keep an eye out for, or take a picture of to show when I get back. Just let me know and I'll try and keep it on the back of my mind and get you an answer/photo when I return. Oh, and wish me a safe journey for today! :]

Espy said:
Halo 3! Oh man, I can't wait for tomorrow!

Because then the insane overhype will stop >_>

Agreed - it'd be understandable if it was the best game of the year but judging from the attitude bungie took and the reviews they've just taken a "lets make it more shiny" apparoach. It is disgustingly overrated.

Best of luck to you though mate, it should be an amazing party.

I hope Little Big Planet gets this much hype when its released......

Nemphtis said:
<div align="center">
galahalo.jpg
</div>

One of the gaming websites I write for have asked me to attend the Halo 3 launch party which is being held at the BFI IMAX theatre in London. The party is not open to the public, except for the lucky two hundred people who won some kind of competition, don't know the details about that though. I just got an email from my editor saying my name has been confirmed on the guest list, so I shouldn't have any problems when I get there today. Anyway, the point of this topic is if anyone here has anything they want me to keep an eye out for, or take a picture of to show when I get back. Just let me know and I'll try and keep it on the back of my mind and get you an answer/photo when I return. Oh, and wish me a safe journey for today! :]

u can party all u want, i'll of completed the game by then :p

BlackWolf said:
Hey look on the bright side, at least we haven't been bombarded with it like the amercians have with Master Chief endorsing everything under the sun ala http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20070914 :p Still i think i'll pass on this for the time being...Metroid Prime 3 is out next month you know :lol:

Hehehe ctrl alt del has its moments of brilliance.

Damn Metroid Prime 3, its one of the few games i'd buy a Wii for! :(

I'm leaving in an hour, just making final preparations and having a few games of CoD4 over Xbox Live with the lucky fellow I invited to join me at the event. I think you guys shouldn't look at the Halo hype as a negative thing, because when you look at the bigger picture it's actually doing the industry some good.

Sure, as gamers who know a thing or two about the industry we know it's being advertised way more than it should be, because it's not the most fantastic thing to ever grace our lives. However, this is pretty much the biggest advertising campaign anyone has done for a single video game, and it's proof to the general public that video games are serious business.

We're finally growing out of the age stereotype and thanks to games like Halo 3 which are advertised like insane blockbuster movies, people's opinions on what video games can be is becoming broader. The short term effects may be annoying, but in the long term it's actually quite rewarding. Oh, and I assume from the replies that nobody has any requests I guess.

Funnily enough, i've just been watching the news and they had a short segment about Halo 3 and its midnight launch. They mentioned about how the games industry's biggest hitters are making more money now then hollywood blockbusters. Of course it began to go back into the argument of violent vs. family games, and how the games industry has started to push for more games that can reach a wider audience.

Nemphtis said:
I'm leaving in an hour, just making final preparations and having a few games of CoD4 over Xbox Live with the lucky fellow I invited to join me at the event. I think you guys shouldn't look at the Halo hype as a negative thing, because when you look at the bigger picture it's actually doing the industry some good.

Sure, as gamers who know a thing or two about the industry we know it's being advertised way more than it should be, because it's not the most fantastic thing to ever grace our lives. However, this is pretty much the biggest advertising campaign anyone has done for a single video game, and it's proof to the general public that video games are serious business.

We're finally growing out of the age stereotype and thanks to games like Halo 3 which are advertised like insane blockbuster movies, people's opinions on what video games can be is becoming broader. The short term effects may be annoying, but in the long term it's actually quite rewarding. Oh, and I assume from the replies that nobody has any requests I guess.

Hmmmm good point about it broadening people's opinion on games but i thought that the Wii brought gaming to the other generations a hellofalot better than hundreds of millions of dollars chucked into advertising.
I really can't imagine how chucking Master Chief's image over everything under the sun would make people want to buy the game - they'd either become sick to their stomach after seeing the umpteenth advert or think it was some army recruitment notice!
I just don't get advertising, unless you're already interested in the product its useless - someone could make me watch tampon adverts for a solid week but i still wouldn't go out and buy tampons!

HAAAAALOOOOOOOOOO 3eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I can't my xbox to connect to the internet at my uni halls of residence either!
And I'm in a lecture when it arrives (I think) so I will have to go to the post office.
If someone knows how to get on the internet in the uni (with xbox 360, and ps3 if you know) let me know, its being a pain and I wanna drop tanks on my mates in forge.

Because then the insane overhype will stop >_>
Hype and beer can do wonderful things :D

You lucky I got told by a mate at work the Xtravision up in town is opening at 12 tonite to sell it so me & himis heading up in about 2 & 1/2 hours to get it

Wow dude i can't describe how jealous i am lol.
Managed to get the game a day early woop woop
Bloody loving it so far.
Bring on Xbox live games lol.
Hope you had a good time

Okay so I got back late last night, completely wrecked and exhausted because they were giving out free drinks (and beer) after the demonstration. There were some problems during registration and we nearly didn't get in because we weren't on the list apparently, but after some closer inspection they found us and let is go inside. They gave me a free copy of Halo 3 and a limited edition Halo 3 T-shirt which is pretty funky. I saw some celebrities, none of which I cared about since even though I enjoy Hip-Hop and Rap the artists that came weren't the ones I enjoyed.

Long story short, the start of the event was a real pain but once they got the ball kicking it was great fun and I met many people from the Xbox community including some Bungie staff, OXM NabGil from OXM magazine and some friendly chaps from the MatchBox360 community. All in all, an enjoyable event that me and my guest had a laugh attending. :]

Espy said:
How often did you hear the celebrities scream "WHEN DO I GET MY MONEY?"

Not at all, but Jonathon Ross couldn't even be bothered to turn up it seems. Also, Pharrell kept bragging about being a gamer and crap, he is one of the worst players I've seen in my life. He had to stop his player just to look up or down, and as soon as he got into the game Carmen Electra fired a rocket right into his face and everyone shouted "OWNED".

Back