Buy online, give money to Starlight for no extra cost!

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
We are fast approaching the holiday season, which means that as well as being a time for present buying, it will be one where families come together. These are certainly happy times indeed, but I would like to ask that you please take a minute to think about people in less happier times (and no, I don't mean going down to a homeless shelter to volunteer, or giving money to charities - although if you want to do that, please do).

Earlier this year, it was discovered that my eight year old brother had a duplicated bowel that had become twisted. He was so ill that he spent an entire month in the hospital, during which he was on the brink of death twice. This Christmas is a special one for my family, because four months ago we had no idea if little Luke was going to make it or not. One thing I learned during my frequent visits to the children's ward was that he was not the only patient there and my family was not the only one going through it - not by a long shot. Thankfully, my little brother shown incredible strength and managed to pull through and make a full recovery, but what he went through has traumatised him and everyone involved.

Today, my family received a letter from the Starlight Foundation - a charity based around granting wishes to seriously or terminally ill children. We have been in contact with them in the past to try and see if it's possible for Luke to meet his favourite comedian, but this letter was not about that, it was for something even bigger - something you can help us with. It was about "Give As You Go Live" - a new scheme set up by Starlight to help people give money to these poor children, without having to spend a penny extra.

All you have to do is visit the website this website, download the "Give As You Go Live" browser app (click where it says "Discover Give As You Live") and register. Then, when you make a purchase on many supporting online retailers (including Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, HMV.com, GAME.co.uk, Argos.co.uk and even the online stores for high street supermarkets Tesco, ASDA and Sainsbury's) - I have no doubt that you or someone else in your family will be using those websites at least once to "forward your shopping baskets to Santa" or even just to buy groceries, so please download this application and give something to children and their families this Christmas.

I know this probably isn't the right place to post this, but I think it's pretty important and people need to be made aware of it. It's a great idea for an even greater cause.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother :( Glad he's doing better though!

I've signed up, donating to Starlight.
They should advertise this on TV, such an incredible & easy way to give to charity.

Back