Question regarding ONE PIECE HD resolution.

Neferpitou

Stand User
I have been unable to find this out anywhere so does anyone happen to know what Resolution ONE PIECE TV is shown at in it's HD broadcast format. I already know that the films have version up to 1080p. But what about the TV series? Is it 1080p/1080i, 720p or less like 540 that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is?

FMA is unique in being 1080i
It's 720p like everything else is. Broadcast upscale to 1080.
Assuming the RAWs aren't being encoded by idiots

The ones I've downloaded are all 720p, although sometimes there was a 1080p option on the site I used recently for some episodes. I stuck with 720p though for consistency.

I've watched up to 432, and at my current rate I run the risk of catching up with Japan on this. Is the current arc in Japan still to do with the whole Whitebeard/Ace/Impel Down events, or has a new arc begun yet? Thinking I might stop after the current arc ends to give the next arc a chance to get through, so I can download it all at once and not have to play the waiting game between eps.

Mutsumi said:
The ones I've downloaded are all 720p, although sometimes there was a 1080p option on the site I used recently for some episodes. I stuck with 720p though for consistency.

I've watched up to 432, and at my current rate I run the risk of catching up with Japan on this. Is the current arc in Japan still to do with the whole Whitebeard/Ace/Impel Down events, or has a new arc begun yet? Thinking I might stop after the current arc ends to give the next arc a chance to get through, so I can download it all at once and not have to play the waiting game between eps.

Yeah, the anime is currently in the Marineford arc, IIRC. In the manga, after tonight's chapter there's gonna be a one month hiatus, then a new saga that will take place after a timeskip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a couple weeks behind, but I always assumed One Piece was the same as FMA:B and the majority of HD anime, which is what Shiroi Hane said, produced in 540p and upscaled to 720p for broadcast.

Things like Bleach and the first season of K-On! are 720p but broadcast 480p.
FMA was broadcast 1080i, which is normaly 540p.
The only other show we know is like that is also by Aniplex, so it's possibly only the 1 studio.

1080p anime is limited to Bakemonogatari, Rebuild of EVA and anything on actual 35mm film.
All other HD is mostly 720p. eg CLANNAD, Angel Beats, Railgun.

Back