Zone Of The Enders boxset to be released

jeremy1985

Kiznaiver
ADV Films have announced that a complete boxset of Zone Of The Enders will be released. The boxset will include all 26 episodes of the series plus the OVA 'Idolo' and all on-disc extras. It was also revealed that the boxset will be an online exclusive with a release date of May 21st 2007.

Source : Eye On Anime

Chrono Demon said:
Paul said:
Jayme said:
Jeremy1985 are you a Admin, or similar.

Just curious.

I can confirm, Jeremy is a new news reporter on the site :)

That means... you can be lazy for as long as you want

No, just a helping hand. Anime UK News is now made of 9 volunteers. Jeremy will be helping me with the news.

This is great news as I am a big Z.O.E fan but I already have the series on DVD so unless they're offering something new I doubt I'll be buying this. I'm a little surprised they're doing a box set after all this time but better late than never I suppose. :]

I'm guessing the license to ZOE is gonna expire sometime soon. They seem to have a pattern of releasing box sets late on if a license is set to expire. Eg. Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 came out in a box set about a year before the license expired, Nadesico was box setted before it expired, Boogiepop Phantom got a box set last year and it's expired now.

Sounds like it may well be worth picking up though.

To be honest it's not an amazing series but if you enjoyed the ZOE games or generally find the universe of ZOE interesting then it's definitely worth picking up. I have no idea why, but I've always had a soft spot for ZOE and I assume I'm one of the few Hideo Kojima enthusiasts who choose his ZOE games over his MGS games.

The ZOEs are amazing games, but from what I saw of Dolores (about the first 8 eps), I can't say I was too impressed. It was nice to have a grizzled, middle-aged single father of two piloting the mech, but other than that, nothing really jumped out at me. May pick this up if I see it going for cheap though.

I just want the rumours of a ZOE3 to be true, it might actually warrant the purchase of a PS3...

Back