Zero no Tsukaima Author Passes Away

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
Media Factory have made an official announcement that Noboru Yamaguchi, the author of the Zero no Tsukaima light novels, passed away from cancer on 4th of April. A funeral was held on the 10th by family and relatives, and the announcement was made on the 11th.

Yamaguchi had been continuing to write the Zero no Tsukaima novels and reached a total of 20 novels before he passed away. Unfortunately, he was unable to finish the series. He had other multiple light novel works he was known for, such as Strike Witches and Green Green, but Zero no Tsukaima was his most well known work.

Source: Media Factory

Very sad news. While I can't say much good about the anime in later seasons, the first season of Zero no Tsukaima does hold a place in my heart and the final season got a satisfactory ending. It's also rather sad that he never got to finish it either.

RIP Noboru Yamaguchi.

Terribly sad. I never got into ZnT personally, but I had seen the updates on his condition occasionally over time and he was unusually communicative with his fans (especially by Japanese standards), letting them know he was still thinking about them. A writer like that would have had so many creative years ahead of him if circumstances were different.

R

Seven Seas are going to be publishing the "Zero no Tsukaima" manga as "Zero's Familiar" in omnibus editions in May for those interested.

Ian Wolf said:
Seven Seas are going to be publishing the "Zero no Tsukaima" manga as "Zero's Familiar" in omnibus editions in May for those interested.

This is something I'll be picking up. I'd wanted to get the Anime but it's long OOP.

It's always sad to hear of someone passing away, especially so young and with his novels unfinished.

Thoughts to his family, losing him so soon. Very sad to hear.
I have the manga on pre-order and I'm sure I'll enjoy them very much. It's really such a shame.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yamaguchi made 2 of my favourite series and neither will ever be finished now :( why is fate so cruel :(

Ryo Chan said:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yamaguchi made 2 of my favourite series and neither will ever be finished now :( why is fate so cruel :(

I always think it's doubly sad in these situations, not only has an author passed away before his time but his works remain unfinished, perhaps as Conan said he's left notes so the final volumes can be completed.

Back