Your viewing journal

I actually watched some fansubs yesterday ^_^

La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo episode 3. Liking the story very much and having fun trying to predict the character roles within the story!

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge episodes 6 & 7, which is still following the manga pretty closely and I'm loving every minute.

Death Note episodes 5-7. I know I shouldn't smile, or laugh out loud at Light and his "antics" but that guy is so good at lying and sucking up to people - he has a triple split personality, that's for sure :lol:

Saiunkoku Monogatari episode 21 was extremely nice and at least I got to see Ryuuen Ran again - it's a bit much having a favourite character who hardly gets any screen time :(

History's greatest Disciple Kenichi episode 1 was a riot. I'm not sure how it will pan out, but it's an extremely silly shounen fight comedy. I must admit the only reason I decided to give it a go was Tomokazu Seki is the seiyuu for Kenichi and I rarely dislike anything when he's voicing a character!!

Also finished off the day with my One Piece re-watch and got to episode 219 ^_^

Ryo Chan said:
The lack of anime this season may leave me disapointed, but atleast as soon as i'm done with gundam seed i can work through Fate/stay night
I can't believe you said that actually! I think this season has been more impressive than any other for a long long time and there are some fantastic shows at the moment! It could be that I'm as impressed as I am because there do seem to be a lot of fantastic shoujo shows, which seem to be lacking most seasons, but I don't think I've ever seen such a diverse range of genres for one season before!!

Miaka-chan said:
I actually watched some fansubs yesterday ^_^

La Corda D'Oro Primo Passo episode 3. Liking the story very much and having fun trying to predict the character roles within the story!

Passed on this. I am waiting for a group to settle down on it.

Miaka-chan said:
History's greatest Disciple Kenichi episode 1 was a riot. I'm not sure how it will pan out, but it's an extremely silly shounen fight comedy. I must admit the only reason I decided to give it a go was Tomokazu Seki is the seiyuu for Kenichi and I rarely dislike anything when he's voicing a character!!

Ah. On my hunt list. I think he is great too.

Miaka-chan said:
Ryo Chan said:
The lack of anime this season may leave me disapointed, but atleast as soon as i'm done with gundam seed i can work through Fate/stay night
I can't believe you said that actually! I think this season has been more impressive than any other for a long long time and there are some fantastic shows at the moment! It could be that I'm as impressed as I am because there do seem to be a lot of fantastic shoujo shows, which seem to be lacking most seasons, but I don't think I've ever seen such a diverse range of genres for one season before!!

I thought the April season was very solid - it was huge, and it introduced many great shows only by broad scattergun effect. The summer season had a filler-ish quality to it (as usual), but there were many solid shows there all the same.

But I would agree with you that the autumn/winter season is really hitting it for quality and diversity. Fansubbing has been slow lately, so there is a very good chance that some of the best stuff hasn't even been widely seen yet. For instance 009-1 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6862 is meant to be excellent, and surprisingly unfansubbed, considering how well serious action shows are loved over here.

Anyways I have been keeping on top of some shows and I have prioritised finishing out stuff.

I finished Good Witch of the West ~ Astraea Testament - on the whole I liked this, but I have to acknowledge that it wasn't anything particularly special. The plot moves way too fast and it can't keep up. Huge amount of Deus Ex Machina too.

I finished Space Runaway Ideon - I can see where some of the Eva associations/inspirations come from. THough I hope the group translates the second movie too (aka TV episodes 40-43, basically the real ending).

I finished the TV aired episodes of Yomigaeru Sora - Rescue Wings. Waiting for the special, but it does end properly in the TV run. What an excellent show. Realistic characters & motivations, a believable work environment and excellent non-sentimental, non-patronising drama. Its hard to compare this to anything, but I would say that this show is close to ER. Many of the sequences are actually genuinely moving, and its not all fairytale rescues either.

Watched the REC 7.5 special. Its always good to reacquaint with REC. Disposable, but that was a fun show.

Of the new season I am keeping up to date with just two: Kanon which I am really starting to like, and Red Garden which is actually very interesting indeed. Very strange show, but quiet creative.

Last Exile, disc1 – Mmmm…liking the look of this – you have to get through the ‘battle’ of the first 2 eps but there after you start getting sucked into this unique world the brother & sister lead characters live in – refreshingly different, hard to put your finger on.

Rah-Xephon, disc1 – very impressive opening 5 eps, and you need all five for the scene to be set but still with plenty of mystery left to keep you hankering for more.
I know there are comparisons to made with Evangelion, but since I haven’t seen that yet I can enjoy this fresh :D
Not actually too bothered about big robots fighting, so contrary to what you might expect from the cover art this so far has been much more about the characters and plot line. Seems like its got a bit of everything you could want; slick animation, nicely drawn characters, strong story, mystery, intrigue…give me more!

Now got more Elfen Lied and S.Champ waiting for my viewing pleasure…

well for the winter shows, all i'm even interested in is Kiba and Busou Renkin. Code Glass just scares me Sumomomo Momomo is just to random. Not heard much about any other winter show's so if theres any you'd recommend feel free to let me know.

Either way, still plodding along with my gundam seed destiny, while waiting for UP1 to send my damn vol2 of tenchi

Yesterday/Today I watched One Piece eps 196-203, Keroro Gunso ep 65, Saiunkoku Monogatari ep 21, Ginga Nagareboshi Gin ep 5, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi eps 1&2 and Kekkaishi ep 1.

I watched two episodes (5 and 6) of Code Geass this morning. It's about a megalomaniac kid with super powers (like Kira from Death Note), but he is surrounded by a harem of school girls and is tied up fighting off the all powerful Britannian empire. That's right - in the future we apparently invade Japan and become power-crazed nazis :) It's by Sunrise too - so there are the obligatory mecha stand offs and odd product placement (Pizza Hunt is somehow featured in every episode!). Truthfully Geass is entertaining trash - easy to watch and quite funny but somehow quite involving too, but why do I feel so ashamed to enjoy it? :)

Paul said:
I watched two episodes (5 and 6) of Code Geass this morning. It's about a megalomaniac kid with super powers (like Kira from Death Note), but he is surrounded by a harem of school girls and is tied up fighting off the all powerful Britannian empire. That's right - in the future we apparently invade Japan and become power-crazed nazis :) It's by Sunrise too - so there are the obligatory mecha stand offs and odd product placement (Pizza Hunt is somehow featured in every episode!). Truthfully Geass is entertaining trash - easy to watch and quite funny but somehow quite involving too, but why do I feel so ashamed to enjoy it? :)

cause the main char is a complete loony? lol

the scene at the end of the first episode scared me off :(

I watched the first volume of Tenchi Muyo again the other day, i actually don't think i've watched the whole volume since i bought it, but by the end of it i was completely into the story and wanted to watch the rest of the series. So darn it, why do i only have the one volume :(

Finished Crest of the Stars, which was brilliant. The only problem is that I now have to endure the indefinite wait before Banner of the Stars comes out on DVD. The main story's resolved but you just know there's so muh more still to see. Expect reviewage whe I get a decent 'net connection again.

The opening episodes of Eureka Seven aren't have bad either - it looks great, has an interesting setup and the mecha designs are awesome. But then, with the production team who are involved I'd be disappointed with anything less.

Today I watched One Piece eps 204-206, Bleach ep 104, Keroro Gunso ep 66, Otogi Jushi Akazukin ep 18, Pumpkins Scissors ep 8, Death Note ep 8, Shounen Onmyouji ep 6 and Busou Renkin ep 6.

Martin said:
Finished Crest of the Stars, which was brilliant.

The first series I imported. After that I counted down the days to the bandai box sets.

Martin said:
The only problem is that I now have to endure the indefinite wait before Banner of the Stars comes out on DVD.

Maybe Bandai's catalog is a bit on the big side - they got too much good stuff to release, and Banner 1 & 2 are losing out. I always got the impression that Crest of the Stars did very well here, despite it being easily available on import. I wouldn't mind hearing some words from a bandai rep.

Martin said:
The main story's resolved but you just know there's so muh more still to see.

Well no. The main story is not resolved by a long shot. If anything Crest of the Stars is just the warming up event. The author hasn't finished writing books on it.

Martin said:
The opening episodes of Eureka Seven aren't have bad either - it looks great, has an interesting setup and the mecha designs are awesome. But then, with the production team who are involved I'd be disappointed with anything less.

Its a really good show. Takes a bit of time to get really warmed up, but its unmissable when that happens.

Steamboy, fun enough but lacking a certain something. Also wanted to give Scarlett a good thrashing (as did everybody else watching it) and was quietly horrified by the accents.
Nadesico the movie was... well as unfulfilling an ending as i expected. Not bad, just it didn't answer any of the questions from the end of the series, added more questions and left us with yet another wait for a sequel.

watched episodes 47-49 of Gundam Seed Destiny, and 46-48 of Eureka 7.

i'm begining to wonder if Eureka 7 was insperation for Avril's "so much for my happy ending" lol

Last Night I watched:

Naruto - 109 + 110
Marchen Awakens Romance - 47
Tokimeki Memorial Only Love - 4 + 5
D.Gray-Man - 8
Otogi-jushi Akazukin - 17 + 18
Busou Renkin - 6
Bleach - 104
Pumpkin Scissors - 8
Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro Na - 6 + 7
Gintama + 9 - 10
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi - 2

Today I watched One Piece eps 217-226, Akagi eps 23-26 (really disliked the way this ended by skipping the end of game and showing Akagi in the year 1999) and Busou Renkin ep 7.

Back