Your viewing journal

Space Brothers - Episode 55

What I like about Space Brothers is that there's always something going on in the background.

Majestic Prince - Episode 4

I quite enjoyed this episode, still not entirely sure how I feel about MP at the moment.

soul eater episodes 9-12

tomorrow

i love this opening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weJzYuKTy5k

and FMA BH at episode 52 * only 13 more to go * im still watching this with my mam, shes bummed out on what became of ed and al at the end of season 1 of movies 1, its been sooooooo long since we've watched another series, all i want to do is finish this up and watch vampire knights * my sister wants to watch this again too* and my mam is a twilight fan ( i know i know its crap but vampire knights does a better job )

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet - Episode 4

I'm enjoying Gargantia so far and I think it looks really nice as well.

Gun Sword - Episode 19

Maoyu ep1-2+5-6

The first episode of this intrigued me when I saw it a few weeks ago, but I feel it's really not lived up to its initial promise, based on what I've seen of it. The amusing opener lead me to believe it was going to be a subversion or even parody of fantasy genre tropes, but it actually seems more like a less engaging version of Spice and Wolf. While the Demon Queen is cute enough to thaw even the iciest of hearts, I really don't feel there's much to her and (especially) the Hero as characters. The fact that so many characters are named after their function also seems like an open goal for comedy (notably no-one called Cannon Fodder as yet), but the show doesn't appear to be going anywhere with this, making it seem like a rather aimless gimmick.

There's nothing aggressively dislikeable about the series, but unless eps 3&4 add some depth to the characters, I'll just drop it.

Having now seen eps 3 & 4, I may have been a bit hasty. I was nearly for dropping the series after the second episode, as it wasn't what I had expected and I was unsure about the path it was taking. My seeing the later eps immediately after this didn't help, as the middle two actually gave them more context than I anticipated. I still find the Hero rather washy as a character, but having seen the whole picture, his actions do at least make sense.

It's a much more gentle series than I'd thought it would be, but I'll reserve judgement on it for the time being. It's been picked up by the local anime club, so I'll likely just stick with it as part of their showings.

ilmaestro said:
But... the voice cast... surely good enough on its own...

Eh, I have no problem with the voices. I quite like Ami Koshimizu as the King/Queen.

were down to our last 6 episodes of FMA BH only them and the mini episodes,

we was going to watch vampire knights next but were going to wait till my sister finishes her exams, soooo i was thinking squid girl, bamboo blade, oran high school, something uplifting,.

my original list
glass fleet
romeo X juliet
the counte of monte cristo
vampire knights

gey have a look at my list and give me your opinions on what is appropriate for my mum to watch
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Animefreak17a

Back