Your viewing journal

🥳🚒
I wonder if my favourite character is the same as yours?

Is yours the dominatrix lady with purple hair? :p

(not sure who my fave is but Tamaki does make me laugh with how she always manages to end up half naked, I do think the mc is great though one of my fave shonen protagonists, and I like Maki and the nun girl who's name I can't remember as well, I wish they'd done a bit more w her in the first season) :)

Also might as well mention that I'm now watching S1 of A Certain Scientific Railgun - the fanservice in the first ep put me off a bit the first time I tried watching it, but I put it on again yesterday as so many people say it's a great show, and now I can see why, I"m really enjoying it and all the main cast of girls are really fun characters, great animation too - like, it seems that some people have been soured on JC Staff a bit after OPM season 2? But they def used to be one of the best studios around and this series exemplifies that :)

Last edited:
Cop Craft 1-6
found this randomly on Crunchyroll, and it's been surprisingly good. you have some anime tropes, but it also has lots of movie tropes too! buddy cop duo of cynical male cop who smokes all the time and magical elf girl from another world. they hate each other at the beginning, but what's this, they start to get along?!?! whodathunkit.
animation is decent and the crimes they solve have a suitably supernatural edge. reminds me a lot of the VN Meteor World Actor (which I highly recommend). also just realised that the character designs are by Range Murata, he of Last Exile, Blue Submarine and the excellent Robot art books, no wonder the female lead looked so familiar.

Is yours the dominatrix lady with purple hair? :p

(not sure who my fave is but Tamaki does make me laugh with how she always manages to end up half naked, I do think the mc is great though one of my fave shonen protagonists, and I like Maki and the nun girl who's name I can't remember as well, I wish they'd done a bit more w her in the first season) :)

Also might as well mention that I'm now watching S1 of A Certain Scientific Railgun - the fanservice in the first ep put me off a bit the first time I tried watching it, but I put it on again yesterday as so many people say it's a great show, and now I can see why, I"m really enjoying it and all the main cast of girls are really fun characters, great animation too - like, it seems that some people have been soured on JC Staff a bit after OPM season 2? But they def used to be one of the best studios around and this series exemplifies that :)
Got it in one. Funnily, Anime Planet describe her as bossy.
I thought of Tamaki as the Japanese version of Jane.
I like all the team which is a rarity for me and adds to the enjoyment.

I watched Certain Scientific Railgun S1 7/8 years ago and I actually cannot remember any fanservice. Even at the time.

Ranma 1/2 OVA Series - Episodes 4 - 9 (Blu-ray)

Team Ranma vs. The Legendary Phoenix (Blu-ray)

The OVA series has continued to be a lot of fun and I thought episode 9 was really funny. Team Ranma is the third movie was more like a very well animated (it looked great) slightly extended TV episode (it's only 31 minutes long) and again it showed how well the writers can play the cast of Ranma 1/2 for laughs.

Golden Warrior Gold Lightan - Episodes 21 - 23

Mobile Suit Gundam: Cucuruz Doan's Island

I agree with your comments and happy to see more love for this film.

Are we really the only three people in this forum that are watching Apothecary Diaries? No one else has even mentioned this show in the thread, except @zappi stated back in August he can't wait for Apothecary Diaries next season... As you can tell from my current avatar, this is by far my most favorite series of the Fall Season, with only Frieren a close second, and it seems to be a popular series elsewhere online. I would highly recommend this series for more of you here in the Forum!

I've already watched every YouTube reaction video that has been posted up on anime reactor channels for Apothecary Diaries, so I've seen every episode 1-7 at least 15 times already, lol!

Not much else this season is really doing much for me, except the continuation of second season series for The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent and Rurouni Kenshin, and Spy x Family has gotten a little more interesting now this season too.

I absolutely love The Apothecary Diaries - Saturdays cannot come soon enough for me!

And, like you I have been watching the reaction videos on YouTube especially for episode 8.

Can someone please tell MaoMao the significance of the hairpins!!

In the meantime, I have been re-watching the all the episodes both dub and sub as well as reading the manga (up to volume 5 so far).

The Eminence in Shadow 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 29

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 19

I'm Giving the Disgraced Noble Lady I Rescued a Crash Course in Naughtiness Episode 9

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent Season 2 Episode 21

Arknights: Perish in Frost
A great follow up to the first season. Same high quality production with an improved story as it adapts better material focusing on fan favourite character FrostNova. Highlight of the season being FrostNova (as voiced by Ayahi Takagaki) singing a Japanese version of Lullabye as an arts incanctation. No announcement as of yet likely due to the studio's other commitments but hopefully they'll do a third season adapting Episode 7: The Birth of Tragedy.

Higurashi: When They Cry - Sotsu
A most toxic yuri series. It takes a few unexpected turns and I can certainly understand why the series has been pretty divisive now. That said I still think it's a great time and as I said in my Gou review I like that the series gave focus to Satoko as the new antagonist as well as her strained relationship with Rika. The ending, while not quite a happy one, makes a lot of sense for the characters and made for a satisfying conclusion to the series. Already planning a full 89 episode rewatch next year.

Bullbuster episode 9 Important information.

The Eminence in Shadow Season 2 episode 29 Unworthy.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 3 episode 9 Perfect.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable (Rewatch) episodes 107-113 (Complete. A story that was more slice-of-life this time around, which I felt was a nice change of pace for the franchise.) 4/5

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Part 5 Golden Wind (Rewatch)
episodes 114-130

Last edited:
Le Chevalier D'Eon episodes 13-18: It's all getting very complicated and metaphysical. Things make less sense now than before all the exposition. And no appearance of our talking skull!
One Million Years BC: silly but fun.
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again: eww, so Disney it was making me ill. Don and Tim caused some excellent mayhem, though.

now watching Ascendance of a Bookworm, which shows promise. Interesting that the book making a special appearance looks exactly like the occult ones in D'Eon. Hmmm.

Rising of the Shield Hero S2
Episodes 6+7
The battle lasted too long. Hopefully the 2nd half will pick up. I have my doubts.

Overlord IV
Episodes 9-13
BINGE. I want more. Maybe I'll see another season in 4 or 5 years.
Oh well, hopefully Classroom of the Elite 2 next week.

Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 episode 19 Medusa.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 43 All apologies.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 22 Glaring eyes.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 45 Somewhere far away.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Part 5 Golden Wind (Rewatch) episode 131-152 (Complete. Though my least favourite of the parts up to this point I still enjoyed what Golden Wind had to offer upon rewatch whilst waking up feeling so horny.) 4/5

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean
episodes 153-155

Last edited:
Back