Your Manga Licensing Wish List

It's an exact copy of the thread created by Red XIII in the general anime discussion forum, except this time it's for the manga you would like to be licensed.

I'd love to see, among others:
-Read Or Die
-Read Or Dream
-Maria Sama Ga-Miteru
-Death Note
-Elfen Lied

Edit: Death Note is possibly already licensed by Viz. Thanks to Red XIII for that exciting piece of information.

I cant say I really follow any manga before it gets licensed I'm pretty random in what I buy on the manga front. But I would certainly like to see the
Maria Sama Ga-Miteru and Read Or Die manga's to be.

I don`t tend to read much manga as such, saving money for anime DVD`s instead.

Defiently would read the Read or Die/ Read or Dream manga`s. Probably also Elfin Lied which I`m still debating whether to get the anime on import.

I'd love Oh Great's Majin Devil to get a license, it's one of the best things I've read in a while. The artwork is breathtaking, svelte ladies, frighteningly powerful pugilists and disgusting demons are all rendered with power and elegance, plus it's only 4 volumes long which is good news for the more wallet conscious manga fan.

Gantz is another obvious one, although ADV's treatment of the DVD license stateside has probably put off any prospective licensers.

Hasn't Viz already licensed Death Note- I though I saw release dates set for the end of the year.

I don't look into unlicensed manga all that much, but would certainy like to see aforementioned Read or Die/Read or Dream and Maria-Sama, and although it's extremely unlikely, maybe the Kiddy Grade manga as well, just for curiosity's sake.

Interesing, RedXIII, I must pursue that. Of the ones mentioned here, Gantz I'll be sure to check out. I've read some scans, and can safety say I prefer the manga to the anime. I've heard some great things about Majin Devil. I doubt the Outlaw Star manga would be licensed now, though, all this time after the anime.

Denser said:
Elfen Lied which I`m still debating whether to get the anime on import.

Get it! :D You can get a nice artbox with the R1 release.

I would like Elfen Lied and ROD manga to get licensed too. If Outlaw Star, even tho I like the anime, I can't say i will want to read the manga.

Every unlicensed story by Yuu Watase :lol:

Sailor V. I've never understood why this never got licensed along with Sailor Moon!

I'm pretty lucky with my manga wishlist, as most of the ones on it, are actually licensed now, like Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden, and Full Moon Wo Sagashite :D

Unit 0 said:
Get it! :D You can get a nice artbox with the R1 release.

I would like Elfen Lied and ROD manga to get licensed too. If Outlaw Star, even tho I like the anime, I can't say i will want to read the manga.

LOL with a recommendation like that then I will do when I have the free cash flow after my holz.

Back