Yoko Kanno in concert for the first time in 5 years

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
For the first time in over five years, legendary anime soundtrack composer Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, GITS: Stand Alone Complex) <a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-05-22/yoko-kanno-seoul">will be performing</a> live in concert, the only snag for UK fans being that the gig is located in <strong>Seoul, South Korea</strong> on June 20th!

Kanno will be joined by Maaya Sakamoto (Vision of Escaflowne OP) and Origa (Stand Alone Complex OP) in this rare performance that has been arranged to co-incide with the debut of video game <em>Ragnarok Online 2</em>, which Kanno has scored. Her most recent anime soundtrack is Dark Than Black; a dark sci-fi series from the director of Wolf's Rain which is currently airing on Japanese TV.

I hope someone films this and posts it on youtube in its entirety..
This is too good to miss! Damn I nearly wet myself :oops:
I would do anything to see her live.. anything!
:p

Its a shame that its so far away from here, since i would have loved to go see that. Kanno's work is amazing, but to see it performed live would be even more so.

It'll be a hard task not buying a bootleg of the Cowboy Bebop set since it's long out of print.

I have some audience recording of some solo piano performances she did.

Otakon '99 Piano Recital

1. Yakusoku wa Iranai
2. Voices
3. Kiseki no Umi feat. Owen Henderson
4. Piano Bar

I also have some other performances like...

Yakusoku wa Iranai & Tomodachi feat. Maaya Sakamoto
Want It All Back feat. The Seatbelts
Blue feat. The Seatbelts

WTFDaveMustaine said:
It'll be a hard task not buying a bootleg of the Cowboy Bebop set since it's long out of print.

I have some audience recording of some solo piano performances she did.

Otakon '99 Piano Recital

1. Yakusoku wa Iranai
2. Voices
3. Kiseki no Umi feat. Owen Henderson
4. Piano Bar

I also have some other performances like...

Yakusoku wa Iranai & Tomodachi feat. Maaya Sakamoto
Want It All Back feat. The Seatbelts
Blue feat. The Seatbelts

Where would I find these recordings? : O

There's not much chance of getting a passport arranged in four weeks, is there? :(

Still, it may prove to be the beginning of something. Ms Kanno loves to travel apparently (how else can her music be so eclectic?!) so while I'm not expecting a world tour or anything like that, it's possible she'd perform in the US maybe - a bit more accessible to us Europeans!

Fingers crossed for a live album on CD, eh?

Back