Yen Press License No Game No Life, Log Horizon And More

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Recently, the U.S. manga publisher Yen Press started a new wave of light novel publishing with big name licenses like&nbsp;<em>Sword Art Online</em>,&nbsp;<em>Accel World</em>&nbsp;and&nbsp;<em>A Certain Magical Index</em>&nbsp;being slated for release by the company as part of their new <em>Yen On</em>&nbsp;imprint. Today, their commitment to the expanding market is growing once more, with news that they will be bringing even more novels to the English speaking market! The new acquisitions are as follows:

<ul>
<li><em>Log Horizon</em>&nbsp;by Mamare Touno (illustrated by Kazuhiro Hara)</li>
<li><em>No Game No Life</em>&nbsp;by Yu Kamiya</li>
<li><em>The Devil Is A Part-Timer!</em>&nbsp;by Satoshi Wagahara (illustrated by Oniku)</li>
</ul>

All three titles are due out in 2015. They will also be releasing the manga adaptations of&nbsp;<em>Log Horizon</em>&nbsp;and&nbsp;<em>The Devil Is A Part-Timer</em>.&nbsp;Yen Press' publishing director Kurt&nbsp;Hassler also confirmed with Publisher's Weekly that their release of&nbsp;<em>Sword Art Online: Aincrad&nbsp;</em>has sold over 30,000 copies since it was released in April.&nbsp;

Anime adaptations of both&nbsp;<em>Log Horizon</em>&nbsp;and&nbsp;<em>No Game No Life</em>&nbsp;aired in Japan earlier this year, with the former receiving a second season in October. A TV anime series based on&nbsp;<em>The Devil Is A Part-Timer!</em>&nbsp;was released Japan last year and is due out on DVD and blu-ray in the United Kingdom on 27th October, courtesy of Manga Entertainment UK.

Joshawott said:
Another solid set of licenses from Yen Press. Great choices there.

None of the series I was hoping for alas, was it 10 new titles they were adding, or was it 10 books a year light novel wise, I can't recall?

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:
Another solid set of licenses from Yen Press. Great choices there.

None of the series I was hoping for alas, was it 10 new titles they were adding, or was it 10 books a year light novel wise, I can't recall?

It was up to 12 things per season, which with their standard release rates means 12 series. Which they now have. In the first article to announce the news, though, they said
“Our original plan with Yen On was to publish 24 titles in 2015, so two per month,” Hassler said. “However, our initial success and our confidence in this material has already prompted us to take a more aggressive approach. We will definitely be increasing our output well over 24 light novels next year.”

They also licensed Pandora Hearts - Caucus Race

http://mangacomicsmanga.com/yen-press-b ... tles-2015/

I'll be getting them all.

Joshawott said:
with news that they will be bringing even more novels to the English speaking market! The new acquisitions are as follows:

Log Horizon by Mamare Touno (illustrated by Kazuhiro Hara)
No Game No Life by Yu Kamiya
The Devil Is A Part-Timer! by Satoshi Wagahara (illustrated by Oniku)

All three titles are due out in 2015.

OH. MY. YES.

Given that we haven't heard anything about a second season for Part-Timer! I'm so happy Yen On are bringing out the Light Novels. As for Log Horizon & No Game No Life, my friends will be pleased to hear the news.

Not any on my list of wants but they were populae requests by people it seems so i daresay i'll buy 'em amd if they do well we can hope for more licences down the line...

kuuderes_shadow said:
They also licensed Pandora Hearts - Caucus Race

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!! I've been pestering Yen Press for these for ages but I didn't think we'd actually get them! Yen Press, I seriously adore you. Only one thing though, noticing that note said PH was completed at 22 volumes, it's not. It's still going, though it should end at 23. I keep up with the chapters so I should know :L ahhhh hurry up May. All we need now is the guidebooks 8.5 and 18.5 and we have everything. YEN PRESS <3

Still no Toradora? :( I might get Devil Is a Part Timer and I'll get Pandora Hearts. Hopefully they'll release novelisations of their other manga if they exist.

Back