Xbox Live: backwards compatability "winding down"

Churchy99

Adventurer
I'm sure most of you have heard about this already but Microsoft have announced that they are "winding down" backwards compatability updates - I'm not really upset about this as they have kept it up for quite a while but I found it a bit wierd when they say that the most popular titles are backwards compatable as there are some really obscure and stupid additions to the list such as: All star baseball 2003 when 2005 is on there too and Bad Boys 2.
Seriously, who sat there looking up the list and jumped for joy when bad boys 2 was up there?! I hope they do put a few more good games in the list but overall they have done well.

But I also have a question. The Xbox game Project Zero is not compatable as I have tried it, yet Fatal Frame (the same game but the US name) is shown as being compatable!

Is there anyway you can make this game run - is it possible for the US fatal frame to work on a PAL console (I'm just clutching strings here)

The main reason I'm asking this as I dont have an original Xbox and I think the controllers were a bit **** (thats just me view)

Feel free to share thoughts on the backcomp service and if possible can you shed some light on my question as I never get a response back from Xbox!

it's always been pretty disappointing really (regional differences like PZ for one)...I gave up any hopes I had for it a while ago, so I'm glad it's being put out of its misery.

Aaron said:
it's always been pretty disappointing really (regional differences like PZ for one)...I gave up any hopes I had for it a while ago, so I'm glad it's being put out of its misery.

Well I've only just started using it so it sounds like I've only just hit the tip of the iceberg as far as disappointment goes!

Back