Xbox 360 Elite - waste of money?

i might buy one of those black controllers they look nice but i'm really not that bothered about a slight increase in graphics quality (if thats what the HDMI thing means) and i'm fine with 20gb.

Its pretty nice if you don't own an xbox aleady, it'll be cheaper than the premium edition and have more to it. I think its good, but I don't need it, it'll be useful for all those HD movies on the market place.

I wouldn't call it a waste of money if you're a HDTV owner who doesn't own a 360 and likes black.

I, however, have a standard TV, and prefer the white colour so when I get a 360 (which I think will be later this year), I will be getting the premium.

For that kind of money, people should just go for a PS3. If you want an X360, go for the Premium bundle.

This kind of move would have made more sense a few years later at a lower price point. Happening right now, it looks like Microsoft are starting to finally get a little ruffled about the PS3.
Roadie said:
it'll be cheaper than the premium edition and have more to it.
Source?

Its cheaper than the current xbox 360 with the 20gb pack in uk, but knowing how the market works, it'll be twice as much in the uk.

Roadie said:
Its cheaper than the current xbox 360 with the 20gb pack in uk, but knowing how the market works, it'll be twice as much in the uk.
The Premium version was $399, so it's definitely going to be more expensive.

Im happy with my xbox now so I dought I will be buying it or the 120gb harddrive I think a lot of people think this aswell

Dagger said:
I am interested in it.. By the time I want to buy it though, it will probably be down in price.

highly doubt that as i read on various sites that its a limited edition release....well the elite black version anyway

as for me?
so far i think this Elite 360 is very tempting as i dont own a 360 and there are a TON of good games comming out soon and already available....so if i do have the money i may try and get it....

but one question...would the elite version still have the standard rgb scart connector? or is it just pure HD ...just a doubt as i have not read the specs and also mainly because i don't own a hd tv yet

after reading various bits about it. The Elite 360 is meant isn't meant to be limited edition, but a permanent addition to the 360 range like the other two packs.

Also from what i know, it should have the regular scart lead so it should run on a normal tv. With the HDMI cable it can run 1080dpi on HDTV's(well it could already but some need the HDMI cable to do so). Microsoft said that the rest of the components in all the 360's will be the same bar the bigger HDD and HDMI port/cable so its just another 360 with a little extra.

I was a little bit annoyed that it doesn't have the HD-DVD player. I know the reasons why they didn't include it, but it still would have been nice for it to be there, especially at that price.

Myself am a Sony fan boy, i don't know why. just always have been. I love the library of games for the 360 and i like the black colour. but in case your planning on getting the original Premium you better be quick because the ELITE is eventually taking the place of the Premium.

Back