X the series

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
A couple of weeks ago i went into a DVD shop and saw X the movie for £1.50. So i bought it because of all the good things i heard about and its low price. So i watched it and thought the premise was good, but the action and the characters werent all that great But the film was decent overall.

and just recently the boxset of the series just came out. Worth checking out?

If you liked the movie it is extremely likely that you will like the TV version a lot more. Less sumptuous animation but a heck of a lot more backstory and character development. I enjoyed it, and I don't really like Clamp that much.

R

If you want to see people battle it out, Battle Royale style, then reading Battle Royale is what a smart person would do.

X is good. Not good-good-good; just good. How much you'll like it will depend entirely on how much you care about the characters. It has little else going for it, characterization aside. (That's what my vague memories tell me, anyway.)

The Tv series is FAR superior to the movie, so if you thought the movie was decent I suggest you look up the TV series.

The movie is abominable. The series is fair. But neither is an outstanding product by any measure except in the animation sense. I summed it up elsewhere like so:

X TV begins strongly, combining a moody atmosphere and a couple of spectacular fights to set a lavish scene. Cloak-swirling Kamui arrives in Tokyo to find a weapon called the Divine Sword, kick some enemy ****, and nip his supernatural problems in the bud before they can flower out of control. He admirably tries to get the job done as quickly as possible, muttering the occasional hostile line to throw his concerned friends Fuma and Kotori off the scent; inevitably, though, he ends up dragging them into an epic battle for the fate of the world. Expect also a lot of evasive dialogue and vague references to future events, which make the beginning somewhat longwinded but still highly intriguing [...]

Generally, though, there’s a bewildering sense that, for all the flashy effects and flowery monologues, very little actually happens. X TV wastes a lot of effort repeating explanations rather than moving the plot forward, the result being a narrative that’s ambitious but also feels well-worn and slightly silly by the time the important stuff kicks in.

Back