Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones Confirmed for Men In Black 3

Will-O'-The-Wisp

Cardcaptor
Sauce

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are to return for a third ‘Men in Black’ movie.

The series’ director, Barry Sonnenfeld, confirmed to Showbiz 411 that the pair are returning as intergalactic agents Jay and Kay for ‘Men in Black 3D’.

‘Tropic Thunder’s’ Etan Cohen is on scriptwriting duties for the film, which the website claims has a tentative release for next summer. Sony Pictures are in desperate need for a tent pole release for 2011's Memorial Day weekend after 'Spider-Man 4' was axed.

The last ‘Men in Black’ movie was released in 2002, and the films have made a combined £650 million at the worldwide box office.

And trilogies seem to be on Smith's mind at the moment. According to Martin Lawrence, Bad Boys 3 is a go too.

Lawrence said, "I got Big Willie (Smith) to come down and see me about the movie. I felt special.

"Any time you can get Big Willie to come out and talk about doing a third instalment of a hot movie like Bad Boys, you have to take notice. I met with Michael Bay, and he said he's onboard too - so it's real."

I'm actually looking forward to this although it's a little aggitating seeing another film with potential jumping on the 3D bandwagon. I guess that's where the money is at the moment? Bad Boys 3 has also got me interested, I loved the first 2! :D

Men in Black 3D.
facepalmrobotnikbydrbac.jpg

Nonetheless, I raise a toast to their impending acquisition of wealth.

I read a nice article on HitFix earlier that mentioned how Will Smith is one of the last proper "Movie Star" types around. He's someone you would go see, just because its him. Robert Downey I'd argue is one of the others but its true - Will Smith is such a draw.

Anyway, having missed out on the Bad Boys bandwagon, I'll probably only end up watching MIB3.

It's also odd how many sequels he's going to be involved with lately. BB, MIB and Independence Day all seemingly coming to fruition after so long.

Back