Wii Price?

Sy

Time-Traveller
Is it just me or has the Wii gone up in price by about £100 with it nearing christmas? I'm sure it used to only be about £170 but now I can't find it for anything less than £270 and that doesnt even come with any games.

I was going to get one but now I think i'll wait until the price drops. :/

That's weird, where abouts did you see it for that price? All the wii prices where i live are the same (though no where has any in stock...) Normally the manufactures drop the console prices this time of year to get more money, first i've heard about a price increase.

BlackWolf said:
That's weird, where abouts did you see it for that price? All the wii prices where i live are the same (though no where has any in stock...) Normally the manufactures drop the console prices this time of year to get more money, first i've heard about a price increase.
Well in my local computer game shop it's around that price with Wii sports and one other game and it's the same price on Amazon, Play and Dabs online. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

You're just getting ripped off due to the Christmas shortages.

Come to think of it, it's weird to see the Wii be in short supply two years in a row.

It's true though. Wii seem to be as common as rocking horse poo where I live. Luckily I allready own one like.
My friend is over in Holland at the mo and they have Wii s coming out of their ears over there. If you were looking at buying one, mabe you should have a look around europe? Just, ocviously got to be carefull. Think he's bringing three back for friends.... He's bought me a magnet ¬_¬

Espy said:
Come to think of it, it's weird to see the Wii be in short supply two years in a row.

Actually i think that the supplies have always been rather limited, i think there was only about a few months where the shops had stock in. Lukcily like Voddas i got mine last year (one of the last pre-orders, or so i was told anyway :roll: ) I just wonder how much stock the shops get if they can sell out so fast

BlackWolf said:
Espy said:
I just wonder how much stock the shops get if they can sell out so fast

Last year, If I remember rightly. Each HMV store was getting in 2 - 4 consoles each. By then though, they were getting snatched up by the employees so they hardly ever make it to the shelfs. I take it the same is happening this ol' year.

...And that's why I pre-ordered last September/October, months before the hype!

I got one on launch. As did my brother. I know, we're evil =)

Espy said:

Out of curiosity, were you one of the people who waited outside the shops in the freezing cold to get one? Luckily for me i only had to wait half an hour for the local GAME to open, was quite a queue aswell. At least i won't have to do it again this year, since the year before last i was up early for the 360 launch.

Jayme said:
Last year, If I remember rightly. Each HMV store was getting in 2 - 4 consoles each. By then though, they were getting snatched up by the employees so they hardly ever make it to the shelfs. I take it the same is happening this ol' year.

That few per shop? :eek: No wonder they sold out

BlackWolf said:
Espy said:

Out of curiosity, were you one of the people who waited outside the shops in the freezing cold to get one? Luckily for me i only had to wait half an hour for the local GAME to open, was quite a queue aswell. At least i won't have to do it again this year, since the year before last i was up early for the 360 launch.

No, I ordered online and laughed at everyone else. Your place in the queue depends on when you pre-order, not how many days you wait outside GAME.

Not at the one i got mine from, it was simply a queuing thing, i imagine at the larger stories they would of done something like though i'm not sure how you would sort out a crowd based on their pre-order numer. Though i must say that i think the longest anybody waited in the queue i was in was about two hours tops :p unlike some people who waited half a week for the PS3 outside a shop in london...

BlackWolf said:
Not at the one i got mine from, it was simply a queuing thing, i imagine at the larger stories they would of done something like though i'm not sure how you would sort out a crowd based on their pre-order numer. Though i must say that i think the longest anybody waited in the queue i was in was about two hours tops :p unlike some people who waited half a week for the PS3 outside a shop in london...

...Only to find out they were the only people there come launch night =P

Yeah I also got mine at a midnight launch in my local gamestation with about 20 other people - they let us go on wii bowling for about 20 mins before they could sell them - the guy said and I quote "Health and saftey have said that no-ones allowed to play on them but....f*** it!" Really great launch in the warm!!!

I wouldn't be surprised at Indie reatailers putting the price up!!

I'll wait until the price severely drops then. I'm not much of a gamer but the Wii is just so much fun that it's hard to resist buying one ASAP.

Shame that you can't find one for the right price, the wii comes into its own this time of year, i remember when i bought it home i lost control of it to my parents, my brother and his family (my 8yr old niece beat us all at bowling :oops: near enought strikes all the godammn time) .

ooh there is a slight trick to get strikes in bowling..but anyway
best wait till after xmas to get a wii...i had to last year and mine finally came...in debenhams..yes well actually the small GAME store in it

Just managed to pick up one for £140 with wii sports and both controllers.
Second hand but in mint condition.
Actually it was my bro who bought it off a mate then they went down Sheffield together and saw that CEX would pay 200 for just the console and he'd just sold it to us lol bet he was gutted :p

Back